Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recommend me a motherboard

Options
  • 19-03-2008 3:16pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭

Aparantly I killed my mobo by powering off at the box, I had known this is supposed to be bad but I didn't think it could kill my pc, anyway I'm in the market for a new one looking to spend about 180 or more if its justified, could someone recommend a good one for me, i'll be buying off komplett so a link to there would be great,
    many thanks

oh yea forgot to say i have a q6600 , 8800 gt, 6400 ram

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

ABIT IX38-QuadGT, X38

http://www.komplett.ie/k/ki.aspx?sku=341381 = 175€

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭MooseJam

cheers anti ordered that with next delay delivery, fingers crossed its not the cpu thats gone

• Registered Users Posts: 2,044 ✭✭✭Sqaull20

Dont go x38, if you are thinking of doing Sli in the future...

Edit:Ahh you've ordered it, nice mobo all the same..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

MooseJam wrote: »
    Aparantly I killed my mobo by powering off at the box, I had known this is supposed to be bad but I didn't think it could kill my pc, anyway I'm in the market for a new one looking to spend about 180 or more if its justified, could someone recommend a good one for me, i'll be buying off komplett so a link to there would be great,
    many thanks

oh yea forgot to say i have a q6600 , 8800 gt, 6400 ram

That sounds very vague, you really should have tried to source the problem first, could easily not be the mobo at fault!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭Playboy

Anyone can reccomend me a great SLI mobo running Q6600, PC6400 RAM and dual 9600 GT. Cheers

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

anyhting but a 780i. If not not gonna go mad on overclocking i cant reccomend a 650i chipset board enough.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭MooseJam

That sounds very vague, you really should have tried to source the problem first, could easily not be the mobo at fault!

yea was thinking that myself but managed to check the cpu in my bro's board and it's fine so must be the motherboard. Forgot it was easter weekend doh thats a waste of 30 euro on next day delivery

• Subscribers Posts: 6,408 ✭✭✭conzy

Is the Quad GT good? Doesn't seem to much interest in it on XS and the PWMs squeal under heavy load and eventually die....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

conzymaher wrote: »
    Is the Quad GT good? Doesn't seem to much interest in it on XS and the PWMs squeal under heavy load and eventually die....
    Asus Maximus seems to be more prefered on Xs. Cant see the Abit Flagship mobo being that bad really, every mobo they've produced in the last 2 years has been up there with Asus.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,044 ✭✭✭Sqaull20

Anti wrote: »
    anyhting but a 780i. If not not gonna go mad on overclocking i cant reccomend a 650i chipset board enough.

Agree no difference at all between Sli performance on €75 650i or €220 780i,

I have used the below board and its a storm, overclocks as well as my ds3l and performance is super...

http://www.komplett.ie/k/ki.aspx?sku=345455

http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=MB-099-GI

• Advertisement
Advertisement