Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Broadband in Fairways

Options
  • 19-03-2008 4:17pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

Hi,

I moved to Fairways (Concordia Building) a few weeks ago.
    Can anyone tell me what broadband I can have?
    We have tryied Irish Broadband ripwave - working only 3m outside the building.
    have Eircom line but it seems not to be suitable for broadband:(

Anyone living in the same building with other broadband option?

Thanks for the answer.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 stukin

Hi there,

I use the Eircom 1mb always on which never gives me any problems. Some friends here use Perlico - both mean you need a landline but seeing as the mobile coverage is not always great its not that bad a deal. If you bundle landline calls with the Eircom option it gives you all local and national calls "free".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 madzia

Thanks. We have Eircom landline. We need to wait until they upgrade the line to SDL (or something like that) as it is not suitable for the broadband at the moment. In a meantime we've got NTL and installer told us they ar putting cables under Charlestown, but didn't know when we would be able to get their broadband.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Gem111

Hi,
    I think I live in that block (is it the first one?) if so then you shouldn't need Eircom to upgrade the line. I have BT Broadband and had no problems setting it up!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 madzia

I live in the first one on the left. Still waiting for eircom to come back to us, probobly will ring them today.
    Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 41,067 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

I live in the first block on the left (concordia) - Irish Broadband ripwave works ok for me

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 27 decokiernan

Seabourne View currently leeching at 6mb with Irish Broadband.

Advertisement