Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

mobile phone advice (with same functionality / spec as iPhone?)

• 19-03-2008 4:30pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭

Is there a good iphone equivalent out there? My main desire is to be able to check email properly, through a phone via wifi rather than having to have a blackberry data package or whatever. The iphone costs a lot, and I don't like the idea of buying a first gen apple anything.

Cheers

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭shortcorner

I have be using PDA's for the last couple of years. I have tried all of the XDA range and being honest every single one I brought back because of one problem or the other. The XDA Exe was the best from them all, a bit heavy and it is pricy.
    Anyway I recently switched to Meteor and I now use a Motorola Q9h, (smartphone). It runs on Windows mobile 6. At present it doesnt have wifi but I know the data charge is only €20 a month which is not bad. It hasnt crashed yet(fingers crossed). Nice and light good screen.
    Its the first Motorola I have ever used and I have to say I am happy with it.
    It also has a better camera than the iphone and obviously comes with windows media player so you can watch whatever movies. Supports up to 2gb micro sd card.
    Other than that, go to the HTC webstsite, I think they make the best PDA's. Not cheap but they will last.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Cianos

Thanks for the reply. I don't live in Ireland at the moment, and I've no idea where I'll be living in a few months...so basically I don't want to have any kind of bill paying phone because there's no point. So that kind of rules out having a data package to get online and check my email. I watched a review of the Q9H and it does look like a decent phone though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭shortcorner

Well if you live abroad you maybe able to purchase the Q9 with wifi. Shop around. But its going to cost you more for a phone without a plan. You could be lucky though

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,015 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

I got my first Nokia, the E51 a couple of weeks ago, and its great to use. Uses the Symbian OS, has Wifi built in, and syncs with PCs or Macs. Email is a doddle to use, too. Slim as an iPod touch

Advertisement