Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Driving test in Navan

Options
  • 19-03-2008 4:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭

I have my driving test coming up in Navan - has anyone got any good pointers on routes, or a good pre-test centre I could go to?

I could do the test in Kells, but it seems like a mad town to do a test in, any advice would be welcome!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭bitemybanger

I did my test in Navan a couple of years ago and it wad handy enough as there were only 3 routes to choose from, i did 2 lessons to see the different routes and practiced them myself for a week before the test so i was well used to them.Not sure how many routes there are now but any insrtuctor will tell you. by the way all the routes were very easy, only three roundabouts in navan (not including the new one which is straight through)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,243 ✭✭✭kelle

I definitely wouldn't do a driving test in Kells, OP!
    Any of the driving schools in Navan would take you along the routes used in the test. The school I used was Tara School of Motoring, but I'm not sure if it still exists.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 froggy_7

Well, I did my test once in Navan and once in Kells, and I failed both :( but I did much better in Kells than in Navan. I am sitting my test again next month in Kells... I would say: take plenty of lessons, read through your book and TAKE YOUR TIME on the day! I was rushing through everything and that's what failed me. The town doesn't matter; it's how you drive. My best wishes to you!

(Navan School of Motoring is not bad).

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭MJ3

Thanks for the advice everyone, I've only had my provisional 6 months when the test comes up, so I don't hold out much chance of passing, I've heard they downmark you for that alone so that you build up more experience, hence my question over Navan or Kells - I want to build up my chances :)

Froggy very best of luck!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,243 ✭✭✭kelle

MJ3 wrote: »
    Thanks for the advice everyone, I've only had my provisional 6 months when the test comes up, so I don't hold out much chance of passing, I've heard they downmark you for that alone so that you build up more experience, hence my question over Navan or Kells - I want to build up my chances :)

Froggy very best of luck!!

I was only driving 6 months when I did my test and passed. It's how you drive that counts, not how long you've had the Provisional Licence.
    Best of luck!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 84 ✭✭mel(",)

hey

done mine the 8th feb in kells..passed..had been driving 10 months..i think you are better doing it when you are not driving long as you dont have as many bad habbits. my driving instructor was brilliant,he does lessons in navan/kells..mark shiels and i would defo recommend him. my mother done hers two weeks before and also passed...in kells!!

kells aint too bad..no roundabouts...all there is really is a pedestrian crossing and one funny turn in the village so dont be put off by kells
    also the instructors there really put you at ease, brendan he was called, very nice coz i was so nervous!

Advertisement