Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Grass seed that wont harm dogs

Options
  • 19-03-2008 4:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,098 ✭✭✭

Hi

I am just wondering does anyone know of grass seed that wont harm dogs. My guy has dug up a few holes so i am just filling with compost at the moment but i want to get some quick growing grass!!! A lot of the seed i have seen says dont let animals onto it while the grass is growing, but in my case this isnt possible.

Any ideas or suggestions would be great

thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,355 ✭✭✭secman

I think that refers to animals damaging the seedlings rather than the seeds harming the animals !!! Dogs and gardens do not mix, particularily small gardens and largish dogs. Only one winner, the dog !

secman

• Registered Users Posts: 2,548 ✭✭✭siochain

like secman said its no harm to dogs.

you can get lawn repair kits and or tough hard wearing lawn seed in any of the diy stores.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,297 ✭✭✭Reyman

Westland have a product - " Fast acting lawn seed " which comes up in a few days.

It's expensive, but does the job!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,098 ✭✭✭glineli

Reyman wrote: »
    Westland have a product - " Fast acting lawn seed " which comes up in a few days.

It's expensive, but does the job!

Cheers, that might do the trick. Still a bit early for sowing grass i guess but i will give it a go in a few weeks

Advertisement