Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

CoD4 Boards.ie Bash THIS FRIDAY !!!!

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 209 ✭✭JavaBear

sigh.. how come they don't distribute it in the game? Guess I am too used to Steam doing it for me usually.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,969 ✭✭✭christophicus

Because the patch came out after you baught the game ;) .

I meant, why can't the game update after you buy it. That way everyone can play on the same servers etc. I realised since I just reinstalled the game I don't have 1.4 either. Have the majority of servers gone to 1.5 now? I haven't had trouble finding any others.

Well at any given time there are between 17 and 20,000 servers on 1.5, yes most of the servers will be running the latest patch.

Do I have to get 1.1, 1.2 etc before 1.4 or what?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,918 ✭✭✭Steffano2002

JavaBear wrote: »
    Do I have to get 1.1, 1.2 etc before 1.4 or what?
    I would recommend installing 1.1, 1.2, 1.3, 1.4 then 1.5. That's what I did when re-installing CoD4 the other day. I'm sure you could go straight to 1.5 but you'll be missing a map (winter crash) which was released in 1.4 if my memory serves me right.

Good games last night guys, had a great time even though my game went to **** :D .

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,104 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

I would recommend installing 1.1, 1.2, 1.3, 1.4 then 1.5. That's what I did when re-installing CoD4 the other day. I'm sure you could go straight to 1.5 but you'll be missing a map (winter crash) which was released in 1.4 if my memory serves me right.

I imagine all the updates from teh original would be in the latest patch.

Not if its an incremental patch which i think 1.5 is. I am not sure about the other patchs, but it would make sense that if all of them were incemental as it would be less bandwith taken up for the servers hosting the patch.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

I think you have to put in 1.4 first and then 1.5. You can patch straight up to 1.4 though, worked for me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,918 ✭✭✭Steffano2002

Kharn wrote: »
    I think you have to put in 1.4 first and then 1.5. You can patch straight up to 1.4 though, worked for me.
    That sounds about right. Would recommend doing the above if you want to avoid downloading all the patches.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,610 ✭✭✭Lord Nikon

Same again next week?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,256 ✭✭✭c0rk3r

Name was Alcinous

Pretty good alright. Not used to playing in anything lower than 40 man servers. Hectic, frantic and always seeing an enemy around every corner. Such a huge difference. Skill and ability actually play a part in which team wins along with the fact that you need teamwork. Kinda disgusting really. Some good players on the other day. Not used to people strafing, jumping and proning to avoid being shot.

Side note. knife always seem to overrule bullets. There was a few times where unloaded a few shots at a target and yet he was able to knife me. And the distance on a knife kill to is ridiculous. Fcking knife.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,056 ✭✭✭✭BostonB

c0rk3r wrote: »
    ...Side note. knife always seem to overrule bullets. There was a few times where unloaded a few shots at a target and yet he was able to knife me. And the distance on a knife kill to is ridiculous. Fcking knife.

I get that a bit when my connection is iffy. I know people will say that you are just missing, and for sure if you look at the replay you'll see you're missing more than you think. But, if you been playing a while, and you generally do ok. I think you know when you should have killed someone and don't. I think the better your connection, and the faster your machine, it gives you an edge in response time. I notice weird things with people with much better setups. I end up reverting to clays and shogun or an UZI or P90. As long distance shots have little effect, and it takes more rounds than you'd expect to kill some one. I notice the effect is much worse if you get a bunch of clan players in a game as they generally have better set-ups than the rest. Maybe I'm just rubbish, but thats my crackpot theory anyway.

If you have a game like that again. Try the clays and a shogun, and lurk a lot.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,606 ✭✭✭Jumpy

Or go SMG. rakkarakkarakkarakka pew pew pew.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,706 ✭✭✭Voodu Child

c0rk3r wrote: »
    Side note. knife always seem to overrule bullets. There was a few times where unloaded a few shots at a target and yet he was able to knife me. And the distance on a knife kill to is ridiculous. Fcking knife.
    Yeah the knife has a long range..you get a fast lunge type move if you time it just right, seems like you can knife them from miles away.

Although it feels like they did something to the knives lately :confused:, because ive gotten way worse at knife kills compared to when I first got the game. Maybe it's the anti-lag..sucks anyway.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,104 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

I believe when I joined, on bog, I got seven knifes in a row. :D
    Heli baby!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,694 ✭✭✭Dingatron

Apologies going out on the beer tonight if this is on I won't make it. Have a good one anyway!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,078 ✭✭✭fenris

I love the way that an mp5 with iron sights can nail you from the opposite end of the map while waiting to get the second shot off from a Barratt!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

Anyone playing today?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

Just after doing a fresh vista install; depending on how I get on with re.installing my sw and games I may make it for some.

Yeah sure we will do this again tonight :) .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,056 ✭✭✭✭BostonB

Has the address changed?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 484 ✭✭Adriatic

The server crashed twice after Sabotage in District, so it was abandoned... :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,965 ✭✭✭✭Zulu

fenris wrote: »
    I love the way that an mp5 with iron sights can nail you from the opposite end of the map while waiting to get the second shot off from a Barratt!
    Can I get a gin and bitter over here anyone? ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

Is this on tomorrow [April 4th] ?
    [brag.mode]
    Got a date so shalln't make it if it is :p
    [/brag.mode]

Also haven't got around to re.installing CoD after my OS install.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,694 ✭✭✭Dingatron

On or Off?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,778 ✭✭✭Sod'o swords

So is it going ahead then??

Sorry guys, not today. Sorry for the short notice, could have sworn I had made a post about this already. I will be doing this next week if anyone is interested.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,103 ✭✭✭estebancambias

tonight?

• Advertisement

Sorry guys, going to be putting this off untill the end of May. Alot of us are bogged down with college work. I have not had a chance to look into our server stalling on the map change yet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,401 ✭✭✭jonski

Our server is open , empty , and playing map rotataion and mode rotation ... standard .

So if there is enough of ye jump on and make your own game :)

I would play if I could get my head out of project torque for two minutes .

IP Address: 85.234.131.32 Port: 28965

Advertisement