Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Exciting discoveries

Options
  • 19-03-2008 4:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 45,594 ✭✭✭✭

One of my favourite things about Football Manager is discovering players who turn out to be quality. Makes me feel a little bit like Arsene Wenger. :cool:

I figured I'd post up some gems I've come across of late. These are on the latest patch by the way...

Johan Oremo

Here's a look at this Swede's stats:

29qjewy.jpg

Now here's what I paid for him:

33fahxi.jpg

Not bad for £55,000. Here's what he did to Chelsea in my FA Cup quarter-final game last night:

2yxk55x.jpg

Basically this guy is ace for teams with little money who want someone who can do well in the Premiership. As you can see from above he's bagged 18 goals in 25 games for me, has made 6 assists and been MOTM 7 times. All for just £55,000 (I'm sure he can be got for less).

I found out on another forum that in real life he was named Sweden's rookie of the year in their top division. He made his international debut earlier this year too. Seems like a hot prospect but he's not well known to many FM players. Worth an investment.

Here's some Belgian starlets I discovered recently too. The fabulously named Zigui Badibanga and Arne Vaneslander:

5zfmv6.jpg

359lh5k.jpg

These guys look really good considering they're just 16 and I'm pretty sure they can both be found on your game (you may need a large database). My fans were very pleased with these signings and I'm hoping they will be top players in a few seasons.

Finally, I came across this guy when I was bored one day and decided to check through Uruguay's national players. He requires a work permit but it was granted for me, perhaps due to his number of U21 caps I'm not sure. Worth the effort of trying to sign though I reckon:

1zvd75s.jpg

Definite potential there for an 18 year old. He comes to me at the end of the current season so I'll have to wait until then to see how he gets on. I plan on loaning him out so he can get some experience under his belt.

So have you guys come across any names which aren't well known in the game? If so, share your findings. :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,983 ✭✭✭leninbenjamin

found a defender called Marcus Grundmann in germany before. i believe he may have been a regen, but it was very rewarding to see him train up and become my replacement for Terry at Chelsea. of course the day i leave Chelsea they sell him on for 37 million. profit of 36.5...

strangley enough though he was the last decent youngster i've found in the game. i just can't find any decent youngsters. even all the teams in with me Serie A dont seem to have many, every team seems to have an average age of 30 now, 10 years into my game...

• Registered Users Posts: 707 ✭✭✭seabee

I got both of these lads for free - I just have to pay a percentage of the sell-on fee and play a friendly

• Registered Users Posts: 45,594 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

They look really good players. In a few years they should be top class.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 westhamtilidie

i found this guy:

Ignacio Robles (spanish)

top 3 stats:
    first touch 18
    passing 18
    creativity 18
    and a few more 17

currently wanted by:
    real madrid
    valencia
    deportivo