Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Watching the Pumps

Options
  • 19-03-2008 5:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,420 ✭✭✭

Right,

Having noticed that the petrol station I was using with the cheap petrol has now knocked its prices up to 1.20p/l from 1.15p/l I was thinking it might be useful to have a sticky with info on which Pumps have cheaper petrol!

To my knowledge there isn't a thread already, but I'm always open to correction :D

A standard format is required, so lets say the following.

County: [County it was spotted in, specify City if it was in the city]
    Location:[ where the station is located (if you wanna be really helpful maybe a google map :D ]
    Unleaded Per Litre: [Price Per litre]
    Diesel Per Litre: [Price Per Litre]

might be interesting to see which Brand names are changing their prices the most frequent.

anywho, your thoughts?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,830 ✭✭✭CountingCrows

The major oil companies do weekly price changes (Usually midnight Wednesday). Its only in very competitive areas where changes occur more often.

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭deemy

This is a good idea. I was always giving out about the price of petrol here. since I started driving about 4 years ago the price has gone up from around 75c litre to €1.20 however I will never give out again as at the weekend I was up the north and the price ranged from (cheapest) £1.10 - £1.20 absoultly shocked. That must be €1.50 a litre.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,836 ✭✭✭✭cormie

Would probably get a bit messy in thread format. There's a website with this info as far as I know..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

• Registered Users Posts: 20,836 ✭✭✭✭cormie

Website is no longer being maintained :(

http://web.archive.org/web/20061209115504/irishfuelprices.com/diesel.php

Those were the days!

• Advertisement
Advertisement