Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Any pistol smiths in the land??

Options
  • 19-03-2008 5:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 15,023 ✭✭✭✭

Need to get some work done on my Glock,IE change the slide release and mag release,and put a lighter trigger bar into it and change out the rear sight.Yes,I know everyone says it is DIY work.However I cant remove the rear site with a drift and punch as all claim it can be done.Nor do I fancy hammering meprolight sites back in. Or making a hames of stripping this down into bits.So basically do we have anyone out there who can do this kind of work?

"If you want to keep someone away from your house, Just fire the shotgun through the door."

Vice President [and former lawyer] Joe Biden Field& Stream Magazine interview Feb 2013 "

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 468 ✭✭foxhunter

John Greene in Waterford 086 3554425

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,461 ✭✭✭foxshooter243

theres a guy in ballybofey in co donegal, but he may be out of the way for you..Eamon Galvin..o74 91 32177

• Closed Accounts Posts: 411 ✭✭packas

Grizzly 45 wrote: »
    Need to get some work done on my Glock,IE change the slide release and mag release,and put a lighter trigger bar into it and change out the rear sight.Yes,I know everyone says it is DIY work.However I cant remove the rear site with a drift and punch as all claim it can be done.Nor do I fancy hammering meprolight sites back in. Or making a hames of stripping this down into bits.So basically do we have anyone out there who can do this kind of work?

have you considered buying a glock sight installation tool?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,023 ✭✭✭✭Grizzly 45

$160 plus shipping for for a ten minute job???:D
    Not really.

"If you want to keep someone away from your house, Just fire the shotgun through the door."

Vice President [and former lawyer] Joe Biden Field& Stream Magazine interview Feb 2013 "

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭Lemon3

The sight tool is well worth the money, will last a lifetime and you'll probably need one again sometime. With pistols, i think you need to be your own gunsmith. I stripped my gun to the frame after watching a DVD on the subject. I even polished the sear and hammer while i was at it and transformed the trigger action. All you need is a bit of cop. It was a great buzz putting the 40+ parts back together and having none left over.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,419 ✭✭✭Rosahane

It's five minutes work! If you are anywhere near Dublin or ever at Hilltop in Newtownmountkennedy I'll fit the bits for you, with the possible exception of hammering in the sight, and I'll show you how to do that:D

$160 plus shipping for for a ten minute job???:D
    Not really.

Ok then. A brass rod & hammer, a file, emery paper & you're sorted. I've fitted sights to my own custom built IPSC gun no problem. It just takes a bit of time.

Not with this one ya dont!!!:D This sight is one of those trijocion [sic]sights with capsules of tritium. Can drift out the std sights ok.But the new ones do not want to go in and I have already marked it by trying this method.Needs a proper tool to do this right.Dont want to bust the capsules of radioactive whatever.:eek:

Not with this one ya dont!!!:D This sight is one of those trijocion [sic]sights with capsules of tritium. Can drift out the std sights ok.But the new ones do not want to go in and I have already marked it by trying this method.Needs a proper tool to do this right.Dont want to bust the capsules of radioactive whatever.:eek:

I had a Glock 22 & I removed the factory sights and installed MMC rear sights which contained tritium vials. If you take your time in prefitting the dovetails it's easy to do. Will save you money too !!!

Packas.
    How do you prefit the dovetails???File them or...????:confused:
    PM me or post it here as I am sure other folkscould the gunsmithing tip.TIA
    Grizz

• Advertisement
Advertisement