Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shisha Café

Options
  • 19-03-2008 5:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 649 ✭✭✭

OK. Not even sure if this is the correct board for this but here goes...

Does anyone know where in Dublin I can find a shisha café or a similar place where one can partake in the traditional Arabic pastime?

I have an Arab friend visiting soon and would love to take him to one of these places. He doesn't believe that Dublin has become so multicultural!

So anyone know if they exist in Dublin?? Maybe our Muslim members might know best??

Thanks/Shukran

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,151 ✭✭✭Thomas_S_Hunterson

Well with the smoking ban, I would doubt very much that there's any around unfortunately.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,424 ✭✭✭fatal

There is no restaurant/cafe in dublin which serves shisha to costumers.I dont even think that there was one before the smoking ban came in.
    If you happen to know some guys from the middle east,one of them is bound to have a shisha.If you really one,there's a shop on south william st(I think thats what its called!) that sells them.They are quite expensive though.O and if you are going to buy flavours,buy "al fakher" ones.
    shisha......mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 ph32

yes their is,me and me da went into one before the wailers concert last week,it was my first experience with shisha ande i will defo be back,we smoked a lovely fruity smoke,that actually looked like a block of hash,its up in the french quater in dublin,just off the quays,enjoy,and u can smoke in shop aswell

• Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

The Tea Gardens do Shishas.

Didn't think they were all that great though when I tried them.. I probably spoiled myself in Istanbul.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,017 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

I think theres one in the italian Quarter just off Jervis St, Abbey St

Nick

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,057 ✭✭✭MissFlitworth

As mentioned, the Tea Gardens do Shisha, also the Moorish Café behind Jervis st and Café Rotana in Portobello (on the same road as the George Bernard Shaw, cannot for the life of me remember the name). Café Rotana also does mad tasty Lebanese food

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

The Tea Gardens down on the Quays, towards the Four Courts. But they only open from 3pm onwards.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 Helen G

Yes the Tea Garden on Ormond Quay -

Advertisement