Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boston Marathon 2008

• 19-03-2008 5:46pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,315 ✭✭✭

I just noticed that Setanta will be showing the Boston Marathon Live in April. Has anyone any idea if any Irish runners will be seeking the Olympic qualifying time in the event???:confused:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 519 ✭✭✭dermCu

I'd be surprised if there was, it’s not exactly a fast course and the weather is very hit and miss.
    In fact unless you were confident of going well under the time and were getting good appearance money it would be dumb. Especially when you consider that London is a week earlier.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭thirtyfoot

Are there any other athletes out there capable of getting the standard, other than Cariss maybe?

• Registered Users Posts: 30 RRSC

see other thread on Sonia O'Sullivan - going in boston looking for women's qualifying time 2:37 (think thats A standard) and apparently she has 15 weeks good training with Benita Johnson et al in the bank.

Think she has 2:29 and 2:32 from previous marathons. If she has anything near that shape she should get inside 2:37. At 38 she's a year younger than Carlos Lopes the year he won in LA - just kidding. More luck to her if she gets the qual time - 5 olympics in a row in track & field is some going.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,365 ✭✭✭hunnymonster

I heard that too. When I ran Boston, I was told that the course is not ratified for qualifying times and world records because of the overall downward gradient?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭Stupid_Private

That's an interesting point alright hunneymonster. A quick look at the list of courses that you can qualify from in 2008 has one race in Boston - the US womens trials that take place on the 20th April the day before the main Boston marathon.

• Advertisement
Advertisement