Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dura-Ace equipped with a Carbon frame/fork and upgraded wheels for 1300 euro..

Options
  • 19-03-2008 5:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,666 ✭✭✭

I've just ordered my second Planet X. The first I ordered last year but they have improved the spec vastly and at the same price - now works out a couple of hundred pounds cheaper with the sterling exchange rate.

SL Pro Carbon frame and fork
    Shimano Dura Ace STI levers
    Shimano Dura Ace front and rear mechs
    Shimano Ultegra cassette (12/25) and chain
    FSA Gossamer compact chainset (50/34)
    Tektro R720 dual pivot brakeset
    Planet-X SL Forged Seatpost
    Planet-X oversized triple butted SL Team bars
    Planet-X 3D Forged SL Team oversized stem
    Planet-X Model B Wheelset - 20f/24r bladed spokes
    Schwalbe Ultremo tyres
    Planet-X SL Team CroMo Saddle (black)

http://www.planet-x-warehouse.co.uk/acatalog/Online_Catalogue_Carbon_Dura_Ace__999_Build_61.html

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,481 ✭✭✭Morgan

That's very tempting - how did you find it over the past year? How's the weight (of the bike...)?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,583 ✭✭✭✭tunney

i know their TT bike is a brick

• Registered Users Posts: 4,154 ✭✭✭Quigs Snr

Well that didn't stop Cadel Evans winning one of the TT's in the 2007 tour on one that was painted in Ridley colors. Or the world under 23 TT champ (forget the name) who won on one as well (look em up on the web and examine the bikes very carefully, lots of threads on this on forums like weightweenies)

Its an off the shelf Taiwan job (both the TT and the regular road bike), good quality and in the case of the TT, sold under about 15-20 different badges, one of which is planetx.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,583 ✭✭✭✭tunney

I fully aware of the work planetx have done and plan to do in the future. I've never seen their road bikes but I have seen their TT bikes.

That being said I think that the stealth needs alot of work to get up to the same levels as cervelos and treks. As do their wheels.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,154 ✭✭✭Quigs Snr

Agreed, its a mile behind the makes you mention, but if you are looking for a cheap TT bike thats good enough to win a pro race, its the best option out there at the moment (pedalforce also sell it). That being said that new Trek is a beaut.

• Advertisement
Advertisement