Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

"Your unwanted clothes"

Options
  • 19-03-2008 6:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,786 ✭✭✭

I'm being pestered on an almost daily basis by those stickers being dropped into my porch by these people looking for my "unwanted clothes"
    I suspect from what I hear, that they are scammers of some description because the mobile phone no. on the stickers is not in service and there is no way to contact them.
    Their website is also a bit spare on info: http://www.clothingtheworld.com/

Has anyone ever met any of these people in person, or spoken to them?

John.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,151 ✭✭✭Thomas_S_Hunterson

Yup, It's come up before, they're all scams, you'll notice that the Charity No. listed on the stickers is generally in the format of UK registered charities, which shouldn't be operating here at all anyway, but I very much doubt that they're registered anywhere.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 187 ✭✭rstans

They are scamers that are taking money from genuine charities. Clothes collected in Limerick end up being sold in shops in Ennis and vice versa. Give your old stuff to SVdeP or another genuine charity. I know it's not as easy as leaving a bag outside your door but at least you'll be giving to charity rather than con artists.

Advertisement