Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Data Roaming Charges

• 19-03-2008 6:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 325 ✭✭

Hi,

Just got my shiny new iPhone, and I am going up to the North for a few days over the weekend.

Problem is, the data roaming rates are so crippling that I don't think I'll be able to use it to its full extent (this is really annoying as Maps would be very useful).

Does anyone know which UK network has the cheapest data roaming charges? Or am I stuck with having to pay O2 €8.30 for every megabyte (which means I wont be paying them ANYTHING).

Thanks,

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,871 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Scottish wrote: »
    Hi,

Just got my shiny new iPhone, and I am going up to the North for a few days over the weekend.

Problem is, the data roaming rates are so crippling that I don't think I'll be able to use it to its full extent (this is really annoying as Maps would be very useful).

Does anyone know which UK network has the cheapest data roaming charges? Or am I stuck with having to pay O2 €8.30 for every megabyte (which means I wont be paying them ANYTHING).

Thanks,

Data prices are displayed on O2's roaming page, have a look there.

I wouldnt bother tbh, I have seen people being charged astronomical amounts for their roaming.

• Registered Users Posts: 325 ✭✭Scottish

I looked there - they charge €8.30 per megabyte.

Just wanted to check to see if anyone had any experience of using other providers in the UK and if they were any cheaper, or do O2 just hammer you for the €8.30 no matter which provider you use.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,431 ✭✭✭gunnerfitzy

Shame that the iPhone is not 3G. Three doesnt charge any data roaming fees on its sister networks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,476 ✭✭✭ardmacha

As I said before, Apple seriously missed out by not requiring partner networks to provide data roaming as this seriously compromises their phone in an international context.

Advertisement