Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Where to spend Christmas and New Years in South East Asia?

• 19-03-2008 6:36pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,038 ✭✭✭

Hey all, I'm going to be going into trailfinders or usit soon to book round the world tickets. Me and the other half are hoping to leave around end of November or early December. We have 3 months to spend in South East Asia(have to be in Australia for a wedding at beginning of March) but our itinerary is a bit messed up because of trying to decide where to spend Christmas and New Year? I've done a bit of research and came up with this rough itinerary. If anyone has any suggestions I'd welcome it, cheers.

First 3 weeks: Fly into Bangkok then make our way down south of Thailand and stop to see Phuket, Ko Samui, Ko Phi Phi, Full Moon party etc
    Week 4: Leave Thailand and head for Kuala Lumpur then on to Singapore
    Week 5: Spend Christmas day in Singapore
    Week 6: Fly back to Bankgkok and Spend New Years eve there
    Week 7 onwards: Head up to Chiang Mai and from there spend about 8 weeks doing a loop around back to Bangkok via Laos, Vietnam and Cambodia. Fly out to Australia from Bangkok.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 588 ✭✭✭Lao Lao

To be honest with you, there is no way I'd want to spend Christmas in Singapore or New Years in Bangkok.

I spent Christmas on Ko Phi Phi (2nd favourite place in the whole of SE Asia) and New Years in Ko Pha Ngan (the New Years party is just as big if not bigger than any of the Full Moon Party's)

After that, head to somewhere like Ko Tao to chill out for a few days and get over the massive hangover you'll have....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 627 ✭✭✭Jugs82

Agree 100% with Lao Lao
    Never knew about the NY Party on Pha Ngan - sounds brilliant :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,038 ✭✭✭youcancallmeal

Yeah actually the more I think of it, it does make sense to spend Christmas day on the beach instead of a big city like Singapore. Do they even celebrate Christmas in Thailand or is just like another day for them?

Advertisement