Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Q+A Returns To Temple Bar Apr 4th

Options
  • 19-03-2008 7:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,349 ✭✭✭

ROLL UP, ROLL UP...
    Q+A returns to the Temple Bar Music Centre on Friday April 4th 2008 at 10.30pm

MORE INFO -->
    Q+A is a big big gay indie night in Dublin - with super cool tunes and lashings of surprises.

We are delighted to announced that renovation work on The Temple Bar Music Centre has been complete, Its now a much bigger, brighter and funkier venue!

The venue is now called The Button Factory and boasts many improvements including THREE bars, extra seating, a heated smoking patio and more!

Veda will host indie Karaoke in the front bar, with great prizes on offer.

The new cafe area will offer a laid-back chill out zone.

And the main room itself will play the latest and greatest rock, indie, pop tunes!

We have plenty of other surprises lined up, including free albums, free concert tickets, musicians, sculptures and more!
    See you on Friday April 4th

JOIN US ON FACEBOOK HERE -->
    http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=5168623786

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

As always what is the price. What's the Line up and why link to face book? No everyone has an account (Or wants one)

• Registered Users Posts: 29 jenfiction

That's great news. It's far better in that venue!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 Liam88

Aye?

Sounds pretty good - it'll be good to have a night with indie music. Can we get an example of a couple of the bands they play?

Cheeers

Liam

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭dog-man-star

This from the bebo page
    http://www.bebo.com/queerandalternative2

Music = Arctic Monkeys, Foals, Goldfrapp, Yeah Yeah Yeahs, Hole, MGMT, The Cure, The Smiths, The White Stripes, Be Your Own Pet, Blur, Clap Your Hands Say Yeah, Snow Patrol, David Bowie, PJ Harvey, Editors, Le Tigre, Kaiser Chiefs, Ladytron, Scissor Sisters, Stereo MCs, !!!, Kate Bush, Garbage, Suede, Placebo, Stone Roses, Pixies, MUSE, Pink, B52s, Nirvana, The Kooks, Red Hot Chilli Peppers, The Who, My Chemical Romance, Hot Chip, Prodigy, RATM, Franz Ferdinand, The Gossip, Chemical Brothers, Marylin Manson, New Order, Janes Addiction, Depeche Mode, Basement Jaxx, The Libertines, Blondie, Director, Pavement, L7, Gorrilaz, Dandy Warhols, AIR, Morrissey, Bloc Party, Patti Smith, NIN, The Strokes, The Hives, Ash, The Rapture, Panic At The Disco, Pulp, The Rakes, Long Blondes, Sex Pistols, Kings Of Leon, Foo Fighters, The Automatic, Arcade Fire, Green Day, U2, Linkin Park, LCD Soundsystem, Fall Out Boy, Interpol... and 100s more

• Registered Users Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭Marshy

Yeah have to say the music is generally great, especially the last time in January from what I remember. Better not be more than 10 euro in though, think thats what it was anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭markw999

This from the bebo page
    http://www.bebo.com/queerandalternative2

Music = Arctic Monkeys, Foals, Goldfrapp, Yeah Yeah Yeahs, Hole, MGMT, The Cure, The Smiths, The White Stripes, Be Your Own Pet, Blur, Clap Your Hands Say Yeah, Snow Patrol, David Bowie, PJ Harvey, Editors, Le Tigre, Kaiser Chiefs, Ladytron, Scissor Sisters, Stereo MCs, !!!, Kate Bush, Garbage, Suede, Placebo, Stone Roses, Pixies, MUSE, Pink, B52s, Nirvana, The Kooks, Red Hot Chilli Peppers, The Who, My Chemical Romance, Hot Chip, Prodigy, RATM, Franz Ferdinand, The Gossip, Chemical Brothers, Marylin Manson, New Order, Janes Addiction, Depeche Mode, Basement Jaxx, The Libertines, Blondie, Director, Pavement, L7, Gorrilaz, Dandy Warhols, AIR, Morrissey, Bloc Party, Patti Smith, NIN, The Strokes, The Hives, Ash, The Rapture, Panic At The Disco, Pulp, The Rakes, Long Blondes, Sex Pistols, Kings Of Leon, Foo Fighters, The Automatic, Arcade Fire, Green Day, U2, Linkin Park, LCD Soundsystem, Fall Out Boy, Interpol... and 100s more

They've improved, then. The last time I went (about a year and a half ago) they were playing sodding My Chemical Romance....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,349 ✭✭✭Phibsboro

Some more news on Q+A this friday in the Button Factory...

First : A VS. set in the cafe bar - This will be New Order Vs. Depeche Mode.
    Battle of the electro 80's - may the best fringe win!

Second : The new REM album is also out on April 4th - we're doing giveaway's galore in the main room to tie in with the new album! If you don't come away from Q+A with a free gift then you must have very small hands!

Third : Just got news we have advance tickets for two big gigs in Dublin this June. Gigs are announced tomorrow so I can tell yis who they are then. You can win both sets of tickets on the night...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,349 ✭✭✭Phibsboro

On tonight! and the tickets are for Linkin Park/Queens of the Stone Age in the RDS ... http://www.nme.com/news/jay-z/35598

(Very) limited number of q jumpers available in Pantibar this evening, doors at Button Factory from 10.30, Veda on main stage for Indie Karaoke (ably assisted by the Skinni Twins :D ) at 11 thru to midnight, Depeche Mode vs New Order in Cafe Bar from word go,main bar, upstairs bar and both smoking areas also open from word go...

Hope everyone who goes has a ball, see yis later :)

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭needhelpguy

Oh man I'd so love to go, but I'm not "out" so I can't :(

Is it mainly younger guys?

• Registered Users Posts: 68,691 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Oh man I'd so love to go, but I'm not "out" so I can't :(

Why does that stop you :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭Marshy

Marshy wrote: »
    Yeah have to say the music is generally great, especially the last time in January from what I remember.
    I take it back, the music was generally crap last night. There was only one main d floor this time. I was disappointed.

Total rip off as well. €12 in and drinks were a ridiculous price too.

• Registered Users Posts: 950 ✭✭✭cotwold

Marshy wrote: »
    Yeah have to say the music is generally great, especially the last time in January from what I remember. Better not be more than 10 euro in though, think thats what it was anyway.

Yeah tote, twelve euros was a total rip for what was essential less than what was on offer than in the vaults.

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭markw999

Was is that skinny emo kid doing the dj'ing?

Advertisement