Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Please help disabled driver choose a car

1121314151618»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,649 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

Can anyone help me with this query please?

I'm just wondering what will happen with the two cars next week? I've ti bring my current car to Motability on Monday morning for them to have a look at what I currently have in my car.

The garage is bringing the new car up to Motability on the same day. I have the car booked in for Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday to get done. Will I wait to apply for the DD1 until after 1st July, and how long will it take for the letter of authorisation(or whatever it's called now) to come back?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭worlds goodest teecher

Had my PMC application meeting on Monday. The Dr. asked a great no. of questions. He said that he would be discussing my case with his colleague and I would have an answer in a couple of weeks.

He encouraged me to apply for the parking disc separately.

I think that he said that the application would have to be sent to Dublin, but I'm not sure.

What is the process from here?

Got the new car on Friday. Have to say, it's deadly. Loads of space in it. Haven't taken it on any long drives yet, but when I have driven it, I'm realising just how powerful it is.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,123 ✭✭✭✭Gael23

How did this go? I had brain surgery which restricts the movement of my arms and legs but dies not make them useless?

Waiting on appeal. Most recent appeals board all resigned, a long time ago. I rang the NRH last week to see if there had been any progress in appointing a new board but they haven't.

So in short, no progress.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,043 ✭✭✭Casati

Does anyone know what the protocol is with the PMC and SEAI grant for a new ev if one was to qualify for both? A car salesman told me that it is one or the other, not both.

Be very very careful with an EV being retrofit with a wheelchair ramp etc. Mother friend got a brand new Toyota hybrid maybe 2 years ago that was converted and it ran out of battery etc so much (car was dead wouldn't start) it had to be returned and she was subsequently told it should never have been converted and the car was not remotely suitable to ever be converted to take a lift or whatever she got done to it. She lost circa 30k or something as the car had to be returned back to normal for trade in and was then a damaged vehicle as it has been modified to take the lift etc and then she had to pay for another vehicle to be converted.

I don't understand why as I would have thought they fit a battery pack purely to power the ramp and don't use the regular car battery and the specifics were never given to me but just thought I would pass on the info.

Not sure if that is the case with a pure EV but I would get in writing from the company what sort of warranty they are offering etc

I appreciate your advice. I am not in a wheelchair. I have ataxia and related leg, arm and cognitive issues. Steering wheel controls would make driving much safer for me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭Legits

Can I ask on the scheme I have received approval from the CRO on the VRT Exemption they then state I need to make alterations to the car to apply for a VAT Refund.

I am unclear on this as I am a carer and driver for my mother the car doesnt require alterations as she is a passenger. Will I still be entitled to a VAT Refund?

Applied a month ago. Meeting two weeks ago. PMC in the post today. I currently have a second hand ev, I'm gonna have to change back to petrol/diesel ain't I?

Post edited by worlds goodest teecher on

Advertisement