Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Please help disabled driver choose a car

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,615 ✭✭✭✭vectra

.....................................deposit on the car paid today!! And I've added the "Light & Vision pack to the car.

10 weeks time, and I'll have my new baby!

And I will have to wait another 10 after that for my baby

Now to decide....!!

White
    or
    Race Blue :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,702 ✭✭✭✭R.O.R

vectra wrote: »

Now to decide....!!

White
    or

I've got one coming in Anthracite Grey in a few weeks so I'll post a picture. Sent a Silver one out last week and it loses a lot of the VRs impact in Silver, but that's what the driver wanted.

They only used to be available in Blue, Red, Black or Silver so they must have added further colours to the range.

Car that's on it's way was ordered on the 2nd February and goes in to production next week. Usually 2-3 weeks from production to landing. The VRs has been delayed a bit from usual because they were having issues with the Radio. Are you going for a DSG? If so, it could be a much longer wait - I ordered a DSG Elegance on the 2nd Feb as well and that hasn't even got a factory production date yet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,654 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

Now to decide....!!

White
    or

what car are ye getting again?

R.O.R wrote: »
    Are you going for a DSG? If so, it could be a much longer wait -t.

No DSG
    Out of my price range
    what car are ye getting again?

Either white
    no-image-large.gif

Or Race Blue
    no-image-large.gif

No DSG
    Out of my price range

Either white
    no-image-large.gif

Or Race Blue
    no-image-large.gif

Looks nice in blue.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,718 ✭✭✭.Longshanks.

Blue every time for me on that model

One more thing:

Wouldn't I be entitled to the VAT off the Metallic Paint too??

• Registered Users Posts: 667 ✭✭✭Altreab

One more thing:

Wouldn't I be entitled to the VAT off the Metallic Paint too??

strictly speaking NO ...how ever if its not mentioned on the invoice it will more than likely not be picked up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,499 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

blue for the Octavia deffo. white might work on a BM or Merc etc. but on a Skoda it just looks cheap.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,106 ✭✭✭✭TestTransmission

No DSG
    Out of my price range

Either white
    no-image-large.gif

Or Race Blue
    no-image-large.gif

Sigh

So jealous

Blue every time for me on that model

Me too until I saw the one posted below here :cool:
    colm_mcm wrote: »
    blue for the Octavia deffo. white might work on a BM or Merc etc. but on a Skoda it just looks cheap.

I thought the same about white.. But when I saw this :eek:

But to be honest i do think it will be the Race Blue that will be got.. IF I can persuadfe the missus.. She has suddenly got it into her head that it would be a prime target for car thieves :o
    I did have 2 cars stolen already.. None of them this valuable though
    Sigh

So jealous

Sorry.. :P

kk9g0032.jpg

Hi Guys

OP here again. The salesman who I am dealing with, has said, and I quote "The car should be delivered in time for the date requested".

Should I be getting worried?? I specifically told him that the 2 years gap from when I bought my current car, is due to be up on 21st June. I don't wanna be left without a bloody car.

I have sent him two e-mails in relation to this, but he hasn't replied to either one!!??

Edit: I've highlighted the word "should" cos this has me worried!!?? Is he covering his a**e???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

Ring him.

Anan1 wrote: »
    Ring him.

Did. He was with another customer when I called.

Did. He was with another customer when I called.

He should get back to you. Push him for a build week which he should have by now.

If it's week 21 or before then it will be on time barring a natural disaster on the sea. If it's week 22 then it might be touch and go.

If it's week 23 or after then it will probably miss the delivery date.

Does your car have to be returned somewhere on the 21st June, or will you still be able to drive it until the new one arrives?

• Advertisement

He should get back to you. Push him for a build week which he should have by now.

If it's week 21 or before then it will be on time barring a natural disaster on the sea. If it's week 22 then it might be touch and go.

If it's week 23 or after then it will probably miss the delivery date.

Does your car have to be returned somewhere on the 21st June, or will you still be able to drive it until the new one arrives?

He still hasn't returned my call as of 3pm. The date 21st June is when the 2 years is up for me to be able to claim the VAT/VRT.

I don't understand where you're coming from with "week 21, 22" etc??

He still hasn't returned my call as of 3pm. The date 21st June is when the 2 years is up for me to be able to claim the VAT/VRT.

I don't understand where you're coming from with "week 21, 22" etc??

So, anytime after the 21st June you can reclaim the VAT/VRT on your new car? If the vehicle is a week or so late, it's not the end of the world.

This week is week 18 (18th week of 2010). Week commencing 21st June is week 25.

When a car is ordered, it gets a confirmed build week (eventually) and that's as specific as they can be. A car only takes around 8 hours to be built (sure I heard that somewhere) so it might be built on the Monday, or the Friday but sometime in week 21 for example.

It takes VW's 2-3 weeks from build week to get to the dealer.

I'm currently getting VW's & Audi's that were ordered in the middle of February.

So, anytime after the 21st June you can reclaim the VAT/VRT on your new car? If the vehicle is a week or so late, it's not the end of the world.

This week is week 18 (18th week of 2010). Week commencing 21st June is week 25.

When a car is ordered, it gets a confirmed build week (eventually) and that's as specific as they can be. A car only takes around 8 hours to be built (sure I heard that somewhere) so it might be built on the Monday, or the Friday but sometime in week 21 for example.

It takes VW's 2-3 weeks from build week to get to the dealer.

I'm currently getting VW's & Audi's that were ordered in the middle of February.

I ordered my car on the last day of March and was told it would take 10/12 weeks for delivery. I told him I wanted it for 21st June.

I ordered my car on the last day of March and was told it would take 10/12 weeks for delivery. I told him I wanted it for 21st June.

I've got an A3 on order that was ordered 19th March (closest VAG I could find to your date) and that has week 18 production. I should have that vehicle sometime week commencing 24th May. Add another couple of weeks on to those dates in your case and it should be built week 20, in the dealer week commencing 7th June.

The only spanner in the works could be the DSG (It is a DSG Golf?). I ordered an Octavia DSG on the 3rd February and that isn't going in to production until week 20! If you add 8 weeks on to that timeframe to mirror your order date, there would be a problem.

It may just be the Skoda DSG's that are delayed though. Try giving your dealer another call and if he can't give you a confirmed build week, then you might not have it on the 21st June.

If it is delayed, no need to get upset or angry though as there is nothing anyone in Ireland can do. He wants to get the car in as quick as you do because that's how they make money - but sometimes, sh1t happens.

I've got an A3 on order that was ordered 19th March (closest VAG I could find to your date) and that has week 18 production. I should have that vehicle sometime week commencing 24th May. Add another couple of weeks on to those dates in your case and it should be built week 20, in the dealer week commencing 7th June.

The only spanner in the works could be the DSG (It is a DSG Golf?). I ordered an Octavia DSG on the 3rd February and that isn't going in to production until week 20! If you add 8 weeks on to that timeframe to mirror your order date, there would be a problem.

It may just be the Skoda DSG's that are delayed though. Try giving your dealer another call and if he can't give you a confirmed build week, then you might not have it on the 21st June.

If it is delayed, no need to get upset or angry though as there is nothing anyone in Ireland can do. He wants to get the car in as quick as you do because that's how they make money - but sometimes, sh1t happens.

Yeah, it is a DSG Gearbox.

EDIT: Just got off the phone to the dealer. He's waiting for a production date on 10 cars including mine. He should know more by Monday(hopefully?). He also said that it should be ready in time for that date I mentioned.

• Advertisement

I assume you are trading in?
    If so then the dealer would I assume let you keep your own car until the new one arrives.
    I dont think there is a specific date after the 21st which you must change by.
    If you are concerned about his then give them a ring in Monaghan and explain your situation, I am sure this has happened before.
    Did you get your (DD1)?? form yet?
    I think you only apply for that around a week before purchase date

I assume you are trading in?
    If so then the dealer would I assume let you keep your own car until the new one arrives.
    I dont think there is a specific date after the 21st which you must change by.
    If you are concerned about his then give them a ring in Monaghan and explain your situation, I am sure this has happened before.
    Did you get your (DD1)?? form yet?
    I think you only apply for that around a week before purchase date

I am trading in, yes. I must be misunderstanding the whole process in relation to the change over? I was under the assumption that you had to change over on the date that the 2 years was up in order to reclaim the VAT/VRT?? I didn't mention to him about keeping my other car until the new one is sorted? And yes, I do have my DD1 form.

you can wait 5 years if you wany and change and it won't affect the VAT/VRT

you have to wait 2 years to change car though.

As long as the dealer holds the price on the Fiesta then you're ok.

As colm_mcm said
    You cannot change it BEFORE 2 years but anytime afterwards

By the way
    Did they ( monaghan ) send out the DD1 form to you or did you have to apply to them??
    I am unsure how this works to be honest and am in the same position as yourself now.

As colm_mcm said
    You cannot change it BEFORE 2 years but anytime afterwards

By the way
    Did they ( monaghan ) send out the DD1 form to you or did you have to apply to them??
    I am unsure how this works to be honest and am in the same position as yourself now.

I rang them and asked them to send it out.

you can wait 5 years if you wany and change and it won't affect the VAT/VRT

you have to wait 2 years to change car though.

As long as the dealer holds the price on the Fiesta then you're ok.

I don't understand this bit? Maybe I'm dumb, or maybe the fact that I have a b*tch of a cold is affecting my concentration?? :rolleyes::o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,570 ✭✭✭rebel.ranter

It means you have to hang on to your original car for at least 2 years in order to qualify for the VAT/VRT rebate on your new car. The probably put this in place so people don't ride the system by buying a new car every year & profiting from it.

It means you have to hang on to your original car for at least 2 years in order to qualify for the VAT/VRT rebate on your new car. The probably put this in place so people don't ride the system by buying a new car every year & profiting from it.

I'll have my current car 2 years on 21st June.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,570 ✭✭✭rebel.ranter

Assuming you got your Fiesta brand new you really don't want your new Golf arriving before the 21st of June so! You could make sure with the dealer that the sale only goes through on that date even if they take delivery of it before then.
    Restrictions on disposal

The vehicle must not be disposed of for at least two years from the date the relief is granted.

You will only be allowed to dispose of the vehicle within the two years if you refund to the Revenue Commissioners a substantial portion of the relief allowed, calculated by reference to the value of the vehicle at the time of disposal. "Disposal" means the sale of the vehicle, the gift of the vehicle to another person and the hiring or renting of the vehicle.

If the vehicle is disposed of following damage in an accident, the damage will be taken into account in calculating the value of the vehicle at the time of disposal.

From here:

http://www.citizensinformation.ie/categories/travel-and-recreation/transport-and-disability/tax_relief_for_disabled_drivers_and_disabled_passengers

I rang them and asked them to send it out.

Is there a date on it?

• Advertisement

Assuming you got your Fiesta brand new you really don't want your new Golf arriving before the 21st of June so! You could make sure with the dealer that the sale only goes through on that date even if they take delivery of it before then.

From here:

http://www.citizensinformation.ie/categories/travel-and-recreation/transport-and-disability/tax_relief_for_disabled_drivers_and_disabled_passengers

I got the Fiesta new.

Is there a date on it?

It's out in my car. Too friggin lazy to go out n get it. :rolleyes:

EDIT: I went out & had a look at it. There's no date on it. The date on the sales invoice for the Fiesta says 21 June.

. There's no date on it.

Then I would assume it would be usable at any given date.

When did you apply for the new DD1 form?
    I must look at getting mine sorted as well ( Probably too soon yet )

I have it since March. I signed it on the 10th.

• Registered Users Posts: 667 ✭✭✭Altreab

I downloaded it and sent it off to Monaghan, On monday evening and had it back stamped in Thursdays post. Its valid for about 6 months too so no mad panic to buy car when you get it. Its on your owners cert when the car can be sold without restriction so check that for the exact date :)

Altreab wrote: »
    I downloaded it and sent it off to Monaghan, On monday evening and had it back stamped in Thursdays post. Its valid for about 6 months too so no mad panic to buy car when you get it. Its on your owners cert when the car can be sold without restriction so check that for the exact date :)

My date to change is not before the 21st Aug.

Might as well get my DD1 in order
    Give me something to do to pass away the time :o

Altreab wrote: »

What do u mean by that?? Also, today I received my membership letter from the IWA for the fleet discount. Do I hang onto this or will I send it to the car dealer now? Also, when do I send in the DD1 form?

What do u mean by that?? Also, today I received my membership letter from the IWA for the fleet discount. Do I hang onto this or will I send it to the car dealer now? Also, when do I send in the DD1 form?

on the tax book of the car, there should be a note saying you can't sell the car on till a particular date (2 years after first licensing)

Let the dealer know about the IWA thing, not all brands do a fleet discount, but no harm in letting them know in advance.
    Was the fleet discount part of the deal, if not then you should (in an ideal world) be entitled to the money off the agreed price.

• Advertisement

on the tax book of the car, there should be a note saying you can't sell the car on till a particular date (2 years after first licensing)

Let the dealer know about the IWA thing, not all brands do a fleet discount, but no harm in letting them know in advance.
    Was the fleet discount part of the deal, if not then you should (in an ideal world) be entitled to the money off the agreed price.

Hi Colm,

The date on the cert was 21st June 2008. AFAIK, Volkswagen do have a fleet discount available if you are a member of the IWA??

Discounts

Membership of the Irish Wheelchair Association entitles people to avail of a range of discounts in the areas Vehicle purchase and Ferry services.

IWA Membership enables people to avail of a substantial discount when purchasing the following vehicle models:

* Citroen
    * Daewoo
    * Fiat
    * Ford
    * Hyundai
    * Mitsubishi
    * Nissan
    * Opel
    * Peugeot
    * Renault
    * Seat Subaru
    * Toyota
    * VW
    * Volvo

Discounts do vary but generally they would be in the region of €300 - €800.In certain cases, applicants must also be in the VRT/VAT scheme as well as being members of IWA.

There's a list of the manufacturer's who offer discounts.

Cool. they'll be applying for rebate from the distributor, No harm in dropping in the required stuff beforehand.

The dealer is being a wee bit casual about it all imo. He's not v good at returning e-mails/phone calls.

It's in his interests to apply for any rebate due to him on time, I wouldn't worry about it too much - it shouldn't affect your cost to change if it was built into the quote. Dunno how VW works, but with some other brands they have up to a month afterwards to do it.

It's in his interests to apply for any rebate due to him on time, I wouldn't worry about it too much - it shouldn't affect your cost to change if it was built into the quote. Dunno how VW works, but with some other brands they have up to a month afterwards to do it.

It's not the cost to change I'm worrying about. I don't wanna be left without a car.

........just got off the phone from the dealer. He has received a "production date" of week 23 for my car, so I should have it in time for the date I was looking for. :D

• Advertisement

That's good news. Even if the car is late, it won't affect you getting the exemption or not. It just means that your future time to change gets later for 2 years time.

That's good news. Even if the car is late, it won't affect you getting the exemption or not. It just means that your future time to change gets later for 2 years time.

Are you sure about that? I was getting scared, and thought it would affect it?

No. your exemption is there as long as you qualify for it.

Nothing to worry about from the Govt side, where it can get messy is when the car is ridiculously late and your trade in devalues considerably. that's when the dealer could lose interest in the deal and try and get more money from you or try and weasel their way out of the deal.

Sounds like you have nothing to worry about Mickey.

No. your exemption is there as long as you qualify for it.

Nothing to worry about from the Govt side, where it can get messy is when the car is ridiculously late and your trade in devalues considerably. that's when the dealer could lose interest in the deal and try and get more money from you or try and weasel their way out of the deal.
    Sounds like you have nothing to worry about Mickey.

That's what's scaring me too.

You may be worrying about nothing, but if you want to go down that road, I'd be checking the order form, seeing if there's any reference to the delivery date.

• Advertisement
Advertisement