Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Please help disabled driver choose a car

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,590 ✭✭✭✭vectra

Hey Mickey
    Dont worry lad.
    On another note
    did you get your letter from Monaghan explaining about the Fuel Excise duty changes?
    You no longer re-claim it every 4 months. It is now once yearly.
    This is since 1st April this year
    I have been told to claim this year ON or AFTER 20-08-2010 and every year thereafter.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,649 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

vectra wrote: »
    Hey Mickey
    Dont worry lad.
    On another note
    did you get your letter from Monaghan explaining about the Fuel Excise duty changes?
    You no longer re-claim it every 4 months. It is now once yearly.
    This is since 1st April this year
    I have been told to claim this year ON or AFTER 20-08-2010 and every year thereafter.

I've never claimed the excise duty on the fuel.

Spoke to the dealer earlier today, and he's advising me to hold onto the DD1 form etc, until closer to when I'm buying the car.

I've never claimed the excise duty on the fuel.
    :eek:

Why not :confused:

:eek:

Why not :confused:

Too much hassle collecting/keeping receipts etc. I have enough bloody paperwork to go through when getting a car. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,478 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

If I was getting that much off fuel, I'd keep the receipts ;)

colm_mcm wrote: »
    If I was getting that much off fuel, I'd keep the receipts ;)

LOL. Show me the link, Colm? I might reconsider?? ;)

With Diesel you get I think 38c per liter back
    With Petrol I think it is 48c

http://www.revenue.ie/revsearch/search.jsp

If you have any receipts since the last year hold them and send off the form.
    It may be worth a phone call to them and they would fill you in .

With Diesel you get I think 38c per liter back
    With Petrol I think it is 48c

http://www.revenue.ie/revsearch/search.jsp

If you have any receipts since the last year hold them and send off the form.
    It may be worth a phone call to them and they would fill you in .

I might reconsider that??

EDIT: That link doesn't seem to work for me? Some message saying "link too short"??

I might reconsider that??

EDIT: That link doesn't seem to work for me? Some message saying "link too short"??

Click the link
    in the search box at the top right of that page type in DD3
    Click Find
    It will be there in front of you then

• Advertisement

Click the link
    in the search box at the top right of that page type in DD3
    Click Find
    It will be there in front of you then

Got it now. Must've been having a blonde moment - again!!?? :D

Got it now. Must've been having a blonde moment - again!!?? :D

Forget the moment
    just have the blonde :D

Forget the moment
    just have the blonde :D

I prefer brunettes, thanks. :D

I prefer brunettes, thanks. :D

snap
    :D

snap

LOL................actually, no, it depends on how good looking the chick is.

LOL................actually, no, it depends on how good looking the chick is.

Depends on which angle you look at it :D

Depends on which angle you look at it :D

That too!!! :D

That too!!! :D

Now I know where the username came from :pac::pac:

Hahahahahaha

• Advertisement

Hiya

It's been a loooooong time since I posted in this thread. It's getting close to the date when I - hopefully - get my hands on my car.

However, I feel the salesman I'm dealing with is either being a bit vague, or basically doesn't give a **** now that he has my deposit.

I rang him up today to find out if there was any update on my car. He seemed extremely casual about the whole thing??

I have stressed to him on numerous times that I have booked a week at the end of this month to get things sorted - this is when the 12 weeks will be up from the date I paid the deposit(31st March).

He said that the car should arrive on that week but that he won't know until perhaps the day before???

Is this normal practice, or is this guy taking the p*** outta me, now that he has my deposit??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,822 ✭✭✭✭EPM

Tell him out straight you want a definite answer. If you dont get the info you need speak to his boss.

EPM wrote: »
    Tell him out straight you want a definite answer. If you dont get the info you need speak to his boss.

Did this yesterday. The manager told me that they have a shipment due in on 15th June or thereabouts, and that he'll let me know what the story is one way or another.

Do you have to get a Letter of Authorisation every time you buy a car??

Just got an email from the brand manager of Volkswagen in Park Motors - I've been dealing with him for a while, cos the salesperson is a useless t**t!!!! My baby will be on the boat due in to Cork tomorrow!! I've taken next week off work to get everything sorted out.

I received my Letter Of Authorisation and DD1 form in the post yesterday too.

Happy Days.

:mad:

As of today, there is still no sign of my car arriving in Dublin!! This is turning out to be a total f**king waste of a week off.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,718 ✭✭✭.Longshanks.

As of today, there is still no sign of my car arriving in Dublin!! This is turning out to be a total f**king waste of a week off.

But its only tuesday...all good things etc

But its only tuesday...all good things etc

True. I spoke to the manager today and told him that I am back in work next Monday. He said that it could still be sorted out, even if I am in work??

Car is due to arrive in Dublin tomorrow. What a complete waste of a week off, though. :mad:

Spoke to the guys in Motability Ireland too. The earliest I'll be getting the car is Tuesday of next week!!

As of 11am this morning, the car still hasn't ****ing arrived at the dealership!!! :mad:

I'm strongly considering pulling out of the deal! :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,699 ✭✭✭✭R.O.R

As of 11am this morning, the car still hasn't ****ing arrived at the dealership!!! :mad:

I'm strongly considering pulling out of the deal! :mad:

Sh1t happens, get over it.

Unfortunately it's happening a lot at the moment so you aren't alone.

If you pull out of this deal, you'll be waiting even longer as delivery times have stretched further due to Summer plant closures.

• Advertisement

R.O.R wrote: »
    Sh1t happens, get over it.

Unfortunately it's happening a lot at the moment so you aren't alone.

If you pull out of this deal, you'll be waiting even longer as delivery times have stretched further due to Summer plant closures.

I've wasted an entire week's f***ing holidays for what? NOTHING.

I've wasted an entire week's f***ing holidays for what? NOTHING.

Did they guarantee it would be here this week, or did they hope it would be here this week?

Once the boat lands it has to unload the 1,000's of cars off the boat on to the docks. They then have to be loaded on to transporters and transported to either Inch or Kill, before being transported to the dealership.

All of this is out of the hands of the dealer and in the hands of the transport companies. I'm not waiting on anything from that boat, so don't know how it's getting along - or even if the boat has landed.

Last boat I checked on had landed, but it was going to be at least 2 days before they even started to unload it (Opel I think).

Until they told you that the car was in the dealer, I think it was a bit foolish to book a weeks holiday. TBH, I'm not even sure why you need a weeks holiday to collect a car :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,401 ✭✭✭Nonoperational

It'll come. Relax.

R.O.R wrote: »
    Until they told you that the car was in the dealer, I think it was a bit foolish to book a weeks holiday. TBH, I'm not even sure why you need a weeks holiday to collect a car :confused:

Thats what I was wondering.:confused:

It only takes a short time to be honest.. I am hoping when my car arrives I will go to collect it...get it home all within 2 hours max.

Panic over. Car arrived. And I have brought my Fieshty over to Motability to get the stuff transferred. Dealer will be bringing the Golf over tomorrow morning. I should have my car by Tuesday!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,025 ✭✭✭✭-Corkie-

Good man. I have been following your thread for the last few months. Best of luck and happy motoring;)

Well Wear. Glad it turned up eventually.

Just been onto Motability Ireland - who are doing the adaptations - this morning. Was told that the car won't be ready until about Wednesday??

Just been onto Motability Ireland - who are doing the adaptations - this morning. Was told that the car won't be ready until about Wednesday??

Dont panic..;)

My car is being built this week and have to wait 8 weeks before I can get my hands on it..:(

Dont panic..;)

My car is being built this week and have to wait 8 weeks before I can get my hands on it..:(

Not panicking. Just p****d off.

• Advertisement

Not panicking. Just p****d off.

Just keep thinking of tomorow when you will be driving around in your new pride and joy ;)

Just keep thinking of tomorow when you will be driving around in your new pride and joy ;)

It's gonna be Wednesday by the looks of things........?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,822 ✭✭✭✭EPM

It's gonna be Wednesday by the looks of things........?

Sure it's only a day extra. The fitters will probably need some notice in fairness;)

Best of luck with it...and stick up a few pics:)

STOP PRESS(LOL)!!!!!:

The salesman called over to my workplace just now to collect the DD1 form etc to get the ball rolling re: registering the car.

The car should be ready by either tomorrow afternoon or Wednesday morning for me to pick up.

Also, he's told me that the car came with a set of lovely shiny new alloys - which i never ordered!!!! Happy Days!!

One final question(I promise!): What form(s) do I need to have to claim the VAT back?? Can I download 'em off the net??

STOP PRESS(LOL)!!!!!:

One final question(I promise!): What form(s) do I need to have to claim the VAT back?? Can I download 'em off the net??

I think it is the sales invoice you get from the garage showing the retail cost the of the car you send off
    Not 100% certain.
    OH
    Reg book has to go as well I think

I think it is the sales invoice you get from the garage showing the retail cost the of the car you send off
    Not 100% certain.
    OH
    Reg book has to go as well I think

Salesman said that the cheque will come directly to me?/

Salesman said that the cheque will come directly to me?/

Correct
    But you must send off the sales invoice along with the Reg Book for the car as it has to be lasssed as a disabled drivers car.
    Again, Ring them in Monaghan to ensure you send off all correct documents so as you give them no opportunity to "delay" your repayment ;)

Correct
    But you must send off the sales invoice along with the Reg Book for the car as it has to be lasssed as a disabled drivers car.
    Again, Ring them in Monaghan to ensure you send off all correct documents so as you give them no opportunity to "delay" your repayment ;)

Salesman collected the stuff off me yesterday to get it registered etc.

Salesman collected the stuff off me yesterday to get it registered etc.

Yes but you will have to get a sales invoice from him and also the reg book should be sent out to you.
    As I have said.
    Phone Monaghan to be 100% sure...
    Did you not go through this with the fiesta??

• Advertisement

Yes but you will have to get a sales invoice from him and also the reg book should be sent out to you.
    As I have said.
    Phone Monaghan to be 100% sure...
    Did you not go through this with the fiesta??

Just phoned the salesman. He's sorting all that out for me.

Advertisement