Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Edenderry

Options
  • 19-03-2008 7:57pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 10,700 ✭✭✭✭

What is Edenderry like to live in,been there a few times for a visit.There seems to be a lot of dubs living there now!!!!!!!!:confused:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,160 ✭✭✭TheNog

Edenderry was a kip years ago and still is!!!!!!!!:p

Live in Rhode, much nicer

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 50hertz

Edenderry is an up and coming town with a lot of urban renewal. There is a new business park up in Monasteroras (back road). It's not that far from Dublin or any where else for that matter, the N4 is a minutes away.
    Sadly Rhode is a dying little village in the middle of nowhere.:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 78 ✭✭pubpub

Edenderry is a grand town, I work there, people very friendly. I haven't noticed mass amounts of Dubs -but sure every town in the Midlands has a fair amount of Dubs.

Don't get me started on Rhode, its the most clannish, cliquish place ever! The locals have their own dialect and if I hear one more thing about "the three in a row" I'll scream - every Rhode person thinks its the best place ever!!! And the amount of dubs living there.... one more thing "HILLVIEW" .... Need i say anymore??

• Registered Users Posts: 434 ✭✭ASTRACLUB

Did you mean "GDANSK" ???????

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,700 ✭✭✭✭holly1

:confused:What does that mean !!!!!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,050 ✭✭✭sci-ops

Being living in Edenderry for a few years now myself. The amount of change in the town over the past 4 years is something else. It's a grand town, and as 50hertz said, it's not too far from everywhere, but not too close to some areas, if you know what I mean.

There is also an upgrade to take place between Enfield and Edenderry, which is due to start this year, which will make it easier and quicker to get to the N4 for when you want/need to go to the likes of Liffey Valley.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 ashley.

i love rhode... 3 in a row 3 in a row 3 in a row!! ha no i joke,its a lovely little villge,2 shops and 5 pubs .........need i say more? had some of d best nights of my life there!!people are nice and down to earth in edenderry and rhode.edenderry needs a new club, the cage.....? bit of a kipp.

visit the midlands.

ashley. wrote: »
    i love rhode... 3 in a row 3 in a row 3 in a row!! ha no i joke,its a lovely little villge,2 shops and 5 pubs .........need i say more? had some of d best nights of my life there!!people are nice and down to earth in edenderry and rhode.edenderry needs a new club, the cage.....? bit of a kipp.

visit the midlands.

UP RHODE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37 Luuca

TheNog wrote: »
    UP RHODE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I will second that Nog..... Much classier place than Edenderry, its grotty !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 78 ✭✭pubpub

Rhode classy????? Don't make me laugh.....

• Advertisement

pubpub wrote: »
    Rhode classy????? Don't make me laugh.....

yeah its classy in a fashionable, understated way :D:D:D

In all serious believe or not there is more to do in Rhode for kids than meets the eye. I grew up there in the 1980/90's and the people were great. Everyone helped each other on the bogs and such. The craic was brilliant at the weekends. Imagine we used to get busloads from as far away as Athlone for the busier nights.

I know nowadays there is an element of scum in the village but what town or village does not have that.

Advertisement