Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Jg M16a4 being a pain in my A**

Options
  • 19-03-2008 8:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,397 ✭✭✭

Right so I buy an M16a4 not a problem with it until i chrono it. Fine I open up the gearbox put a new spring in it cant get the gear box back together properly get some help its back together not a bother until. I close the buttplate on the trigger handle and hear a snap. Just broken the connectors from the gearbox to the motor lovely I replaced them and the fuse in the wire going from the battery to the gearbox keeps blowing. Please somebody help me:(

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Masada

im not really sure i get what broke on ya, if its the gearbox shell or what., but tony has complete replacement gearboxes for sale., im not sure what the price is on them but the'll just drop in and you wont have to open them.,

• Registered Users Posts: 8,758 ✭✭✭Stercus Accidit

You've got a short circuit, bad rewiring job.

You can get new wires, or just check what you've done wrong.

Have you wired it wrong, ie, backwards? That could also be it. Red wire to the little positive symbol on the motor is how it should be.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,995 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

Make sure that no contacts either on the wire and where they contact the gearbox are making contact with any Metal part of the Gearbox or frame.

if its wiring the simplest thing to do is get a continutiy tester on it first before opening the whole thing again,., if ya havent got one maplin have them for about a fiver.,

• Registered Users Posts: 8,758 ✭✭✭Stercus Accidit

Id say undo the bottom of the grip and check if you've it the wrong way first, could be as simple as that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,397 ✭✭✭Evolute

The wires connected to the motor are all good i think it might be the wire with the fuse on it but i was wondering were i could aquire it

I checked it earlier with out the wires in question and its fine just those bloody wires

you can use any similar wire., drop into maplin or any half decent electrical shop and you'll get the wire you need.,

Will it have the battery connectors or will I have to stick them on myself because me and electrical wiring arent getting along lately

Actually sorry to bump this but anyone got an idea of were i can get a fuse for the wiring from the motor to the battery because they are different i think and its a 15amp

get a flat blade fuse socket from a car shop., there a lot easier to get fuses for and there more compact than the regular fuses.,

• Advertisement

vtec wrote: »
    get a flat blade fuse socket from a car shop., there a lot easier to get fuses for and there more compact than the regular fuses.,

Hmm you make a good point I went to a car shop today and It wasnt open I also went to numerous other electrical stores with the fuse in hand and none of them had any:(.
    I think i know the ones your talking about "http://www.societyofrobots.com/images/electronics_fuse_mini_blade.jpg"??

• Registered Users Posts: 13,995 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

"Halfords" stock them. And they are always open.

Evolute wrote: »
    Hmm you make a good point I went to a car shop today and It wasnt open I also went to numerous other electrical stores with the fuse in hand and none of them had any:(.
    I think i know the ones your talking about "http://www.societyofrobots.com/images/electronics_fuse_mini_blade.jpg"??

yeah halfords do sell them but theres a car shop in bray near the subaru dealer that should have them., if you actually live in bray that is.,:)

vtec wrote: »
    yeah halfords do sell them but theres a car shop in bray near the subaru dealer that should have them., if you actually live in bray that is.,:)

Yep i live in bray and they were closed the day i went to em and i wasnt exactly impressed and now this bloody thing wont shoot half as strong as it should and the mag keeps falling out

Problems have been sorted because my brother came home today and asked me if i had put the mag loading tube back upside down and it was so its all sorted :D:D and shooting consistently
    I still havn't gotten a fuse replacement yet but the big problems are out of the way.

• Registered Users Posts: 527 ✭✭✭Lukekul

Not helpful really but I have the same model and it too is being a pain,

I have it a few months and it worked fine but it had been kinda wobbly so on sunday I started messing with it and afterwards it felt very solid so i said' I'll check the aim ', pull trigger and make the noise but no BB came out, so I took out the magazine and made sure it was empty and sure enough air was coming out of the barrel WTF? So I took the rifle apart to see what the problem was but this being my first and only idea what I am doing still no use though :mad:

Is the mag feeding properly?? You didnt take out the (Im not sure what the technical name is) bb feeder? in at the mag the mistake i made was put it in upside down and the bbs wouldnt feed I will try and think of other ways i messed mine up before i had it going properly tomorrow
    too tired right now

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭Kristov

i had some trouble with wobbly barrel too on my m16 when i took it appart to find what was wobbling it turned out to be the metal insert in the front off top receiver .

i tried another jg top part and it was same thing wobbly .
    i ended up epoxying the metal part into the top reciever and put some plummers tape around the end of the barrel to tighten things a bit more .

it worked for a while the the hop up started to fire one bb then three or four would just roll out the end of the barrel i replaced the hop up rubber and it was still doing it .

in the end i went to one of the online stores and bought a gaurder one peice hop up and a dboys metal body up grade kit i should have done this in the first place as it solved the wobbles and multi bb problem .

if anyone buys the metal body kit make sure you get a one peice hop up as the jg one is a two peice and wont fit the metal body .

You could have damage the hop up accidently.
    I am in need to take my m16a4 apart fully to sort out the wobble and i will be very very careful not to get the same problem you guys have and keep you guys posted on the progress

If you guys can tell me how to upload pics I'll take some of the A.E.G. and post them

• Advertisement

Lukekul wrote: »
    If you guys can tell me how to upload pics I'll take some of the A.E.G. and post them

when you write your post just below the box your typing in you should see another box below it with options init and this "Attach Files
    Valid file extensions: bmp doc gif jpe jpeg jpg kmz pdf png psd txt xls zip"

click the manage attachments butons and direct it to the folder you have your pics in that you want to upload .

hope this helps

Sorry About the quality but it s from my phone

Just noticed there is a nice crack in the hop up :(

Lukekul wrote: »
    Sorry About the quality but it s from my phone

Just noticed there is a nice crack in the hop up :(

i have one of those hopups . if ya want it just pm me and ill organize getting it to you .

If the hop up is cracked that would more then likely be the culprit.
    The mag piece I had put in backwards is in said picture www.boards.ie/vbulletin/attachment.php?attachmentid=54562&d=1208436019
    I will probably be doing a bit of investigation with my m16 tomorrow and Fiddling with an m4a1 too.

I hope the hop up is the problem and that it will be resolved soon :D

Advertisement