Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sportsline problem, PLEASE HELP.

Options
  • 19-03-2008 8:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,295 ✭✭✭

I've had my Sportsline just over a week now and its not working!!!
    I used it skirmishing grand until the end of the day, and found it wasnt shooting properly.... it was making a clunky sound and bbs were falling just out the barrell.
    Now it wont do anything, when I squeez the trigger it just makes a whirring sound in both semi and full auto. When I put a mag in the first bb just stays in the gun. I have to use the cleaning rod to get it out.
    I dont know enough about the internals to know whats going on.

Can someone please help, its really disappointed me that this has happened.
    Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,758 ✭✭✭Stercus Accidit

I've had my Sportsline just over a week now and its not working!!!
    I used it skirmishing grand until the end of the day, and found it wasnt shooting properly.... it was making a clunky sound and bbs were falling just out the barrell.
    Now it wont do anything, when I squeez the trigger it just makes a whirring sound in both semi and full auto. When I put a mag in the first bb just stays in the gun. I have to use the cleaning rod to get it out.
    I dont know enough about the internals to know whats going on.

Can someone please help, its really disappointed me that this has happened.
    Thanks.

Yikes, you didn't re-use bb's did you? Could explain crappy loading, due to tappet/nozzle breaking.

Whirring sounds like gears though or piston.

Is the motor in the grip tightened, ie twist the screw at the bottom clockwise a bit to get it to engage? Not too much mind.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,295 ✭✭✭SniperSight

Motosam wrote: »
    Is the motor in the grip tightened, ie twist the screw at the bottom clockwise a bit to get it to engage? Not too much mind.

No I never reuse BBs.
    I'll try tightening that screw and see if it works.
    Thanks.

No I never reuse BBs.
    I'll try tightening that screw and see if it works.
    Thanks.

Not too much, enough till you feel resistance, then back a little, quarter turn maybe, that mates motor and gears.

I just tried that screw and it only changes the speed of the whirring sound.

I just tried that screw and it only changes the speed of the whirring sound.

Gears are striped, motor is stripped, piston is stripped.

They are the possible problems in my mind, piston more likely.

If its new, contact the shop, did you buy Irish?

• Advertisement

Gears are striped, motor is stripped, piston is stripped.

They are the possible problems in my mind, piston more likely.

If its new, contact the shop, did you buy Irish?

Yea, I bought from eirsoft.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Masada

id say ya stripped the gears in it., heres replacement ones.,
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ELEMENT-STEEL-Gear-Set-Original-Standard-Type-EL-IN0900_W0QQitemZ290215195113QQihZ019QQcategoryZ64635QQtcZphotoQQcmdZViewItem

might aswell get proper bushings to and get rid of them blue plastic ones.,

Your safe as houses then, he'll sort you out, I recommend you pm him, and maybe link this thread so he can see what the problem is.

I take it when the trigger is pulled, the motor is turning without resistance, that would be teeth stripped and a new piston likely.

Your safe as houses then, he'll sort you out, I recommend you pm him, and maybe link this thread so he can see what the problem is.

I take it when the trigger is pulled, the motor is turning without resistance, that would be teeth stripped and a new piston likely.

Yea, to me anyways(not being an internals expert) that sounds like its the problem.
    I mean I'm only using an 8.4v batterry so surely this shouldnt happen!!

Thanks for your help M8.

No worries, hope its sorted soon.

• Advertisement
Advertisement