Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

***Credit Union PC offer Oldcastle Co Meath****

Options
  • 19-03-2008 9:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,526 ✭✭✭

Hey All,

I was helping advise a friend of mine in work over the last few days. She bought a pc through a plan with the Oldcastle Credit Union. She order the PC, and she was told it would take about a week to deliver.

Three weeks later she gets her PC. She wanted it for bookkeeping, but she said it took the PC 6mins to open a blank excel sheet.

I gave her instructions over the phone on how to check the memory of the PC. On the plan she took, it was a 1000mb ram, but the PC she got was only 512mb ram.

After 5days of constant calls, she found out that the gave her the wrong PC, but the other PCs on offer were all 1000mb or more. She then found out her sister who took the same offer, had only 512mb ram in her pc so it looks like whoever built the pc's may have been pulling a fast one.

now after another two weeks for constant calling, they have agreed to a refund, and seemingly, the make of the PC was an unknown brand, but they are now swicthing to HP pcs.

She spoke to the credit union, who were very helpful, and gave her contact numbers for the companys managers etc, and asked her to write them a letter explaing what happened so they can look into it further.

So anyone that has got this offer through the credit union, check the spec of your PC immediatly and make sure its what you ordered.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

this offer is available with most/all credit unions as it was also advertised in Carlow C.U. but it is not a credit union offer it is provided by a seperate company and yes the descriptions of the pc's on offer is quite vague and confusing. there are a few names used in their advertising including HP and i think Acer. there is also very little information on where the company is located etc.

Advertisement