Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Need to borrow a Allen Key?

Options
  • 19-03-2008 9:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 13,987 ✭✭✭✭

Does anybody have a 1mil allen key or know where I could pick one up?

Stupid VFC scar gearbox needs a 1 mil to take the fireselector apart and I don't have one.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 844 ✭✭✭area51comando

whats wrong with your scar?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,987 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

Trigger contacts inside seem to be stuck, gun is on constant full auto the second the battery is connected.

• Registered Users Posts: 844 ✭✭✭area51comando

Iwas reading a review of the scar one time he did the review and that was it. but he aded to it when the wouldn't stop firing he had to remove the battery. long story short its was some sort of washer or something that got stuck between the contacts but he did not know where it came from:confused::confused::confused:. he removed it and it worked perfectly again so that's probably your problem. hope you get it fixed:):):)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,330 ✭✭✭Gran Hermano

Guess you're looking to find one quickly and this will not help with your
    immediate need - but I was in a similar situation last week and currently
    have a set on the way from Dealextreme. For USD 5 inc shipping it's worth
    ordering for any future needs.

Guess you're looking to find one quickly and this will not help with your
    immediate need - but I was in a similar situation last week and currently
    have a set on the way from Dealextreme. For USD 5 inc shipping it's worth
    ordering for any future needs.

Thanks, but I'm pretty sure that they are American standard(imperial) and that they will strip the heads you are using over time.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,330 ✭✭✭Gran Hermano

Thanks, but I'm pretty sure that they are American standard(imperial) and that they will strip the heads you are using over time.
    I know I ordered 2 separate packs, they do both imperial and metric
    http://www.dealextreme.com/search.dx/search.hex

• Closed Accounts Posts: 179 ✭✭TheFlatulator

hey gran, if your order doesn't have the one you need any good hardware shop will have allen keys....

• Registered Users Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kdouglas

Does anybody have a 1mil allen key or know where I could pick one up?

Stupid VFC scar gearbox needs a 1 mil to take the fireselector apart and I don't have one.

just doing a bit of tidying and i found what appears to be a 1mm allen key, ill be at hrta tomorrow if your going and i will bring it with me...

kdouglas wrote: »
    just doing a bit of tidying and i found what appears to be a 1mm allen key, ill be at hrta tomorrow if your going and i will bring it with me...

Thanks for the offer but I have to work tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,877 ✭✭✭liamo333

Put the battery in, while its firing switch it to full auto and pull the trigger in bursts until it stops firing. This worked on my vfc hk416 so it might work on yours and dont use it on semi.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Masada

i think the allen key on the gearbox is a 2mm, far as i can remember i used a torx screw driver on it, the same as the nokia screwdrivers.,

Advertisement