Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Jealous much?

Options
13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,239 ✭✭✭✭WindSock

Peared wrote: »
    I suppose firstly, the reason I sensed jealousy in the modelling thread was because I cant see any other profession that would have been openly mocked if asked about.
    Well there are. I would have gone silly if someone thought there to be a waitressing forum, or a receptionists forum or any other job that doesnt require much to talk about.
    Modeling is only a useful job to clothes designers.
    Maybe thats not what the pther posters were thinking but its not exactly unusual for women to be jealous of other women who make a living out of being beautiful.

I was only having a laugh. Call me insecure or jealous if you may, I'm pretty secure in myself to take criticism ;)
    But if having a laugh = being insecure, then I' rather come across as being insecure than a self assured dry shite.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 605 ✭✭✭aliqueenb

to the original question, i do think bitchyness comes from jealousy and insecurity.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,794 ✭✭✭JC 2K3

Saying that, I think that if JC 2K3 truly believes that modelling is generally a job taken by the unintelligent, then he/she has bought into the stereotype. I would never assume that a beautiful woman isn't intelligent. Nor would I ever assume an uneducated woman isn't intelligent.
    Lol, of course I don't think all models are unintelligent. Modelling is, however, a profession which requires no brains, hence jokes about it. Same idea with dumb blonde jokes - it's not like every blonde is stupid or something.

If a full time model is intelligent, however, I believe they are wasting their brains to a certain extent. But that's just my opinion I guess.

Advertisement