Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I don't know the username and password of my router

Options
  • 19-03-2008 10:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,276 ✭✭✭

If this is in the wrong forum feel free to move it mods. :p

I tried the default method of username: admin. password: admin but it doesn't work. I have a broadband connection and the router model is CANOPY 0a-00-3e-f7-85-94.

Is the only option contacting my ISP?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭bushy...

Try google for the exact model of router eg. canopy ex6734 you might get something . Who is your ISP ?

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭cbr900

If this is in the wrong forum feel free to move it mods. :p

I tried the default method of username: admin. password: admin but it doesn't work. I have a broadband connection and the router model is CANOPY 0a-00-3e-f7-85-94.

Is the only option contacting my ISP?

Try leaving the username blank,and admin as password

• Registered Users Posts: 1,572 ✭✭✭Sconsey

You could try searching the manufacturers website for the user guide for that model of router, they usually have them in pdf files for download. That would list the dafault username and password.

...if it's a case that you have changed the username/password and forgotten the new details you could reset the router, but be warned, you wil lose all your connection settings too so would need to re-enter them after the reset.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,028 ✭✭✭anthony4335

If all else fails, you could reset the router, usually a pin hole switch at the back, before that go on line and get all the settings for you ISP so you can reset up the router after resetting it.

Advertisement