Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where do rockers hang out?

• 19-03-2008 10:35pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 20

Just wondering where the rockers and metalheads hang out in Waterford? Any place in particular? Is there any all age gigs?
    I'm looking to plug a young band,i'm gonna be heading out to towns across Ireland handing out free demos,selling merch etc. Waterford sprung to mind,as did Stephens Green in dublin
    Help much appreciated :D

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 58 ✭✭Stinger-bar

Outside the book centre.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 Nil Recurring

Merci.I've seen quite a congregation round there

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,726 ✭✭✭ec18

Who are the band you're plugging?

• Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭junkster12345

you surely mean metal heads, that aint no rock !!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,247 ✭✭✭ROCKMAN

Just wondering where the rockers and metalheads hang out in Waterford? Any place in particular? Is there any all age gigs?
    I'm looking to plug a young band,i'm gonna be heading out to towns across Ireland handing out free demos,selling merch etc. Waterford sprung to mind,as did Stephens Green in dublin
    Help much appreciated :D

You could try the FORUM , I 'll PM you the manager's No , if you need it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,728 ✭✭✭dazftw

Outside the book centre.

Hit the nail on the head lol Forum on a saturday night..

Network with your people: https://www.builtinireland.ie/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,649 ✭✭✭Not The Real Scarecrow

Could try Murphys on the quay, been a long time since I was in there but when it used to be the Hogs they had some good bands playing.I'd get in contact with Spraoi as well they usually have a few matal bands playing on the August weekend and as well I'd get in contact with Garter Lane.
    Unfortunately the music scene isn't what it used to be around the town,espeially for metal bands.Alot of younger bands find it a bit of a struggle getting gigs around(but I suppose thathasn't really changed much either).
    The midlands and Cork are still great for metal bands but if you really want to push the band I'd look to Northern Ireland, there's a great metal community up there and the bands support each other alot(helping each other getting gigs and promoting each other).Been a few years now since was in contact with any of the bands but I presume things are still the same.UNfortunately I don't have any cotact details for any of them but I suspect a bit of research into it could be fruitful.
    This site could be helpful as well
    http://www.underground1.net/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,680 ✭✭✭Tellox

mmm...forum on a saturday night is really the only place you'd find them, but it isnt really rocket/metalhead specific. And of course, it's over 18's only.

Just checked your profile, I see youre 16... er, to be honest, nowhere really. You could hang around Red Square/The Book Center, but er, theyre mostly minimoshers.

Cheers!

• Advertisement
Advertisement