Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Great Music Scenes?

• 19-03-2008 10:58pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 20

Gonna be heading to towns around Ireland pretty soon to be promoting a young metal band from Kilkenny.Any suggestions to which towns I should visit?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,335 ✭✭✭smackbunnybaby

head to galway - its a city not a town, but it needs more metal bands to visit.

check out this page http://galwaymusic.proboards70.com/index.cgi

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 Nil Recurring

Cheers
    We'll take it into consideration
    Is there many people into that type of music in Galway city?
    We'd just be going for the day,about 2 of us,so we couldn stray too far from the city centre.Any place in the city you'd recommend? Any underage gigs we could tie in with?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,706 ✭✭✭120_Minutes

in monaghan : monaghan itself (the excellent local band speedking hail from here) and castleblaney (home of former tool tribute band the grudge)

in westmeath: mullingar (check out the stables, small venue behind the yukon bar)

carlow: carlow town, there used to be a healthy undeage gigscene, did sound for many a gig down there, the kids were crazy!

galway was already mentioned.

thats all i can think of for now.

Thanks!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 148 ✭✭kieranmcg1

Im from donegal but id say stay away from it but if you are coming up this way you should try derry city loads of bands and venues for ya to play there

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,335 ✭✭✭smackbunnybaby

Cheers
    We'll take it into consideration
    Is there many people into that type of music in Galway city?
    We'd just be going for the day,about 2 of us,so we couldn stray too far from the city centre.Any place in the city you'd recommend? Any underage gigs we could tie in with?

get onto these guys -

http://www.myspace.com/usvsthemgalway

Dan from Only Fumes and Corpses organises loads of gigs up there. he will look after you. Galway is very cheap to stay in, loads of hostels.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,176 ✭✭✭shnaek

You should try Cork aswell. Get on to the guys who run Purgatory in the Cruiscin Lan. Also worth giving Fred Zepplins a shout.

Much appreciated!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,635 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

I'd recommend against Limerick. Music scene as a whole is as good as dead tbh. If I were you, try promote yourselves in NI. I'm not certain, but there seems to be a big metal scene in the general country

Yeah,theres beena huge surge of interest in metal in recent times.NI would be a bit of a trek from Kilkenny,I suppose we could stay in a hostel or something

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,635 ✭✭✭RINO87

I'd recommend against Limerick. Music scene as a whole is as good as dead tbh.

Music scene is FAR fro dead in limerick. The metal scene has lost it alright but thats the limerick metal bands own fault imo, its very rare that they come out to support other live metal gigs. The general music scene is buzzing however, Gigs just about every nite of the week, tons of new bands emerging. Great Friday is on today with about 20 bands playing!

We aren't EXACTLY looking for gigs yet,more focused on going round,handing out free demo's,building a basic fanbase,THEN getting a gig

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,144 ✭✭✭Parsley

RINO87 wrote: »
    Music scene is FAR fro dead in limerick. The metal scene has lost it alright but thats the limerick metal bands own fault imo, its very rare that they come out to support other live metal gigs. The general music scene is buzzing however, Gigs just about every nite of the week, tons of new bands emerging. Great Friday is on today with about 20 bands playing!

Definitely agree there! :)

Advertisement