Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ideas/advice needed

Options
  • 19-03-2008 11:42pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,958 ✭✭✭

I know I posted this here before in the BGRH forum and Tom nicely moved it. But I really would like to get this off the ground and give you ladies the chance to come up with suggestions.

Please visit this thread http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055257918

and give your vote or advice or suggestions. Thankyou. :pac:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,239 ✭✭✭✭WindSock

At what point do we dress up like Ninjas?

DIBS!! on the first single BGRHer I see dressed as Michelangelo!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,958 ✭✭✭DJ_Spider

Sorry due to copyright by Mirage Studios we are not allowed to copy any of the characters. Also read this found on Wiki:

Upon TMNT's first arrival in the United Kingdom, Ireland, Sweden, Norway, Finland, The Netherlands, Austria and Germany, the name was changed to "Teenage Mutant Hero Turtles" (or TMHT, for short), since local censorship policies deemed the word ninja to have excessively violent connotations for a children's program. Consequently, everything related to the Turtles had to be renamed before being released in these nations. The lyrics were also changed, such as changing "Splinter taught them to be ninja teens" to the "Splinter taught them to be fighting teens."

The policies also had other effects, such as removing use of Michaelangelo's nunchaku (which were at the time banned from appearing in even 18-rated movies) and generally toning down the usage of all the turtles' weapons. After many seasons of never using his nunchaku, they eventually disappeared entirely, replaced by a turtle shell shaped grappling hook called the "Turtle Line".

But anyway I will be the Sensei with anyone who wishes to join me as other chracters. :pac: We don't care about lawsuits! :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 arealninja

Hmmm...Ninja kareoke you say? I don't remember giving permission for my name to be used in a kareoke context. But since it's for charity I'll let you get away with it...this time :p

Are you the saem ninja that was at our mini beers? If so how are the glowsticks? LOL

• Advertisement

DJ_Spider wrote: »
    Are you the saem ninja that was at our mini beers? If so how are the glowsticks? LOL

Maybe :D
    The glow sticks are not so well I'm sorry to say. Here's what they looked like in their hay days http://www.flickr.com/photos/bakelit72/sets/72157604145643188/.

LOL maybe post them on the photography forum, you might get some offers for them! BTW you missed me, The LadyJ and The Rigger dancing after you left. :eek: Also The LadyJ had an interesting experience at the gig her b/f was playing. Some guys dropped thier undercrackers and showed all! :D

Anyway how is Gordon? I haven't heard anything from him since, so maybe he had too much? that'll teach him to go drinking with me again! :p

Ahh crap, sorry I missed the dancing. It's something I enjoy watching but rarely drunk enough to participate in :)

When I left Gordon he was doing just fine. Whatever has happened to him had nothing to do with me :eek:

Oh well maybe see you at the Karaoke if we get it sorted? I have taken it to organise it myself, seeing as gordon doesn't seem to post here much now :(

I assume there will be glow sticks available? If so, count me in...

• Advertisement

Of course, and much more! :eek:

Ninja Karaoke is a GO! :eek: Just need a venue now. Any ideas please visit the events forum and vote in the poll! :cool: :pac:

Advertisement