Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Computer Slow To Start Up

• 19-03-2008 11:51pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,495 ✭✭✭

Hi all

My computer is running XP and recently it's been slow to start up like very slow. I've ran virus scans, nothing shows up and ran a couple of spyware programs and they're not showing anything up either.

No new programs have been added to the start up menu that i can see and there's plenty of room left on the hard drive, as i said it's just the past 2 weeks or so it's started being slow to startup.

Anyone any ideas where i should look to speed it up ? I've also got a program that scans for missing files or bad links etc and it's meant to speed up the computer but it's not really speeding it up at all well least not the startup.

I know if i just format it it'll run like a dream but prefer not to go down that road.

Just to add once the computer gets up and running it's grand, it's as fast as it ever was it's just the startup is slow.

Thanks in advance

Advertisement