Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Estate agents

Options
  • 19-03-2008 11:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,045 ✭✭✭

Hey,

Myself and partner have just put a offer in on a house (first time buyers), we bid slightly over what another potential buyer did. The estate agent has yet to get back to us to let us know A- have the home owners accepted or declined what was offered and
    B- if the other potential buyer is going to offer

Some one suggested that that maybe there was no other buyer.... maybe the agenttold us about the bid to hurry us up........ but that would be unethical right? do estate agents work to a code of ethics?

I'd apprecaite any advise or feedback on this

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 660 ✭✭✭punchestown

Fusion251 wrote: »

Some one suggested that that maybe there was no other buyer.... maybe the agenttold us about the bid to hurry us up........ but that would be unethical right? do estate agents work to a code of ethics?

:rolleyes:

An estate agent parks his brand new Porsche in front of the office to show it off to his colleagues. As he's getting out of the car, a truck comes speeding along too close to the kerb and takes off the door before speeding off.

More than a little distraught, the estate agent grabs his mobile and calls the police. Five minutes later, the police arrive. Before the policeman has a chance to ask any questions, the estate agent starts screaming hysterically:

"My Porsche, my beautiful silver Porsche is ruined, it'll simply never
    be the same again!"

After the estate agent finally finishes his rant, the policeman shakes his head in disgust: "I can't believe how materialistic you bloody estate agents are,"

"You lot are so focused on your possessions that you don't notice anything else in your life."

"How can you say such a thing at a time like this?", snaps the estate agent.

The policeman replies, "Didn't you realise that your right arm was torn off when the truck hit you." The estate agent looks down in absolute horror..........

"F***ING HELL!!!!!! he screams - "Where's my Rolex ?"

• Registered Users Posts: 1,045 ✭✭✭Fusion251

lol!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ha ha ha ha ha.;P

Very funny!!!!!!!!! point taken tho,

Cheers

Advertisement