Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

female lower back tattoo question...

Options
  • 20-03-2008 1:32am
    Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭

Hi,

I have decided to get my very first tattoo done on my lower back, I would like to ask all the girls out there who got it done what I have in store??

I heard it's quite a painful place on the body since it's on the bone so just checking :eek:

I'll be looking for a Dublin tattoo place so if you can recommend one which won't be too intimidating to a newbie that would be great :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,183 ✭✭✭✭Will

getting a tattoo isnt that bad, quite tolerable pain. just make sure you go and eat something before you get it done and maybe bring a bottle of lucozade or equivalent with you.
    there are plenty of good places to go;

tattoo art in templebar
    zulu tattoo templebar
    wildcat in stephens green
    colourworks in templebar

theyre just a few that popped into my head

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Le Rack

tattoos hurt no matter where you get them, unless you're into it and enjoy the pain so to speak, which i do with piercings, only got one tatt so far and it hurt but thinkin back now it's like meh.

my advice? first tattoo on lower back? no. not unless it's gonna be part of a full back piece cuz...well, ever hear the term tramp stamp? you're likely to get a flaming in here for it, whether people voice it or not...

aside from that, snakebite, zulu, colourworks, wildcat all good tattoo parlours

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

why do women go for that particular tattoo? we know you have assess, we don't need help in drawing our attention to them.

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭allybabe84

Le Rack wrote: »
    tattoos hurt no matter where you get them, unless you're into it and enjoy the pain so to speak, which i do with piercings, only got one tatt so far and it hurt but thinkin back now it's like meh.

my advice? first tattoo on lower back? no. not unless it's gonna be part of a full back piece cuz...well, ever hear the term tramp stamp? you're likely to get a flaming in here for it, whether people voice it or not...

aside from that, snakebite, zulu, colourworks, wildcat all good tattoo parlours

Yeah you're right about the tramp stamp thing I've read about that on a couple of websites, but I'll still like to get it done, maybe a Celtic design.......

Anyway I think it'll be ok, I'm the furthest thing from a tramp, I don't drink or go to night clubs/pubs and I've only had one boyfriend, and I'm with him 5 years!!:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,676 ✭✭✭The Artist

allybabe84 wrote: »
    Yeah you're right about the tramp stamp thing I've read about that on a couple of websites, but I'll still like to get it done, maybe a Celtic design.......

Anyway I think it'll be ok, I'm the furthest thing from a tramp, I don't drink or go to night clubs/pubs and I've only had one boyfriend, and I'm with him 5 years!!:D
    hi there try this
    http://images.google.ie/images?hl=en&q=lower+back+tattoo+Celtic+&um=1&ie=UTF-8&sa=N&tab=wi
    or search image of lower back tattoos on
    http://www.deviantart.com/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,196 ✭✭✭Crumble Froo

inkwell's another great studio, down the quays, next to voodoo lounge.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭amazingemmet

Mordeth wrote: »
    why do women go for that particular tattoo? we know you have assess, we don't need help in drawing our attention to them.

Its a target.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,433 ✭✭✭Quattroste

allybabe84 fair play to you. I cannot stand the whole "tramp stamp" label. Personally I think this label was invented by other females who cannot carry off the lower back tattoo and would end up looking like a tramp!

I know a couple of friends who have this done very tastefully and have the bodies to proudly show it. F**k the begrudgers and go for what you want. My only advice would be to make sure what you get is better than what is out there already. It is a very popular tattoo.

Sometimes this forum is just too f**kin opinionated!

Quattroste wrote: »
    I know a couple of friends who have this done very tastefully and have the bodies to proudly show it. F**k the begrudgers and go for what you want. My only advice would be to make sure what you get is better than what is out there already. It is a very popular tattoo.

There's a big difference between someone who has some thing "tastefully" done and the bodies to show it off vs someone who goes in to a tattooist pics something off the wall and gets it slapped on.

In the latter case I'm sure most the people on this forum would appreciate it. I don't think this forum is too opinionated its just that we have opinions and most people are passionate about their art form.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 We Are Leeds

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Well put Emmet, ya beat me to it (and probably put it better than I could!)

Allybabe, the advice from me would be to put a lot of thought into what you want your tattoo to be, what it should represent to you.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

Take it to feedback if you have a problem with the forum.All I can say is where did I post that Dr Turlingtons video :D:D

Yeah OK I was in a seriously bad mood this morning. Sorry!

But my point is that if someone wants it done then we should try to guide them towards the tasteful way and not slam the Tramp Stamp label on them.

My bad and I apologise!

Hellrazer - is that an insider joke?

Yeah OK I was in a seriously bad mood this morning. Sorry!

But my point is that if someone wants it done then we should try to guide them towards the tasteful way and not slam the Tramp Stamp label on them.

My bad and I apologise!

who started the Tramp Stamp label on them in the first place.My wife has a lovely tattoo on her back,If i said to me wife"Thats a tramp stamp" id get stamped in the face lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

It's more global slang for it than anything Davey, not something that the people here started!!!

It's more global slang for it than anything Davey, not something that the people here started!!!
    yeah i know that ,its the way things are said in our world.It must be the global warming!:D

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

Heres the video I was talking about.

http://www.nelsok.com/video/snl__turlington_tattoo_removal_skit_video

there are no inside jokes here except for the amazingemmet specials which seem to have disappeared.

Hellrazer wrote: »

Ah! I see :D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 BLOBBY

allybabe84 wrote: »

yes it hurts on your back i got one done and i am no tramp stamp i am a married women i think they look very cool mabe some people dont have the body 4 it

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 385 ✭✭Shamanic

my first tattoo was on my lower back and now i have a full back piece. I didnt find it quite as sore as i expected but 9 times out of 10 you'll find your right side hurt more than left or visa vearsa.. Go for it, its your body, who cares what other people think?

exactly!!!

Wilburt wrote: »
    there are no inside jokes here except for the amazingemmet specials which seem to have disappeared.

They haven't disappeared they're just resting so they don't become over done.:D

ah good to know :D
    il rest easy tonight so

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭Mary-Ellen

I've a tattoo on my lower back, never heard of tramp stamp before must start refering to it as such :D

It's on the side of my lower back and took about an hour and a half. Some parts of it were a lot more painful than others.

I have a few piercings and found them a lot less painful in general, think that's because of the time associated with it though. I got pretty bored and uncomfortable after a while. I'd assumed I'd get to lie down getting it done and sitting on a chair funny for that long was annoying. Wouldn't put me off getting another one.

I'd also advise thinking carefully about what you want and maybe give a go at drawing it yourself. That's what I did and still love my 'tramp stamp' after 2 years. ;)

Wilburt wrote: »
    ah good to know :D
    il rest easy tonight so
    while ye rest ,fall asleep and wake up with a load of bunnies around ya!:D
    a980.ac-
    feck feck what rabbits?
    Happy easter;)

haha thats actually funny lol

Thanks for writing back everyone, I'm going into town tomorrow to enquire in person, just another newbie question..... how much will it cost me to get done roughly??

I found a design I like from the internet which I printed out, and it's just in black ink. I can probably afford up to €300, haven't got a clue if that will be enough though

• Registered Users Posts: 8,196 ✭✭✭Crumble Froo

if it's only covering your lower back, then yep, should be enough i'd say. unless it's particularly intricate, and would take hours to do.

• Advertisement

Just an update.. I got my tattoo done today at Inkwell Tattoo parlour on Arran Quay, couldn't recommend the place enough, ended up costing €140, took about an hour and a half, great job!!!

Advertisement