Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

My poor cat is very sick.

Options
  • 20-03-2008 1:32am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,501 ✭✭✭

Went to work yesterday evening and my cat was fine - came home late last night and she was in an awful state - hobbling around like as if she had been struck by a car - which is what I thought had happened.

She was in the vets all day and it turns out she has a very heavy lung infection and is there overnight. The place seems empty without her. She is the most expressive cat I ever seen being demanding, inquisitive, playful. and destructive all in the space of 10 minutes.

Hope she gets well soon. :(

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,770 ✭✭✭Jen Pigs Fly

Awwww the poor thing, hope she gets better soon! Wouldn't imagine how I'd react if it was one of my pets!
    Bless, the poor thing ...

• Registered Users Posts: 997 ✭✭✭MsFifers

Oh no!! :( I know from your posts that you are nuts about that little cat!

I'm sure she'll be ok - she is getting the best care. She probably just needs a big dose of antibiotics to shift the infection.

Let us know how she gets on. (I'll say a little prayer to the Egyptian cat god Bast for her - and St Francis! They'll mind her!!!! :))

• Closed Accounts Posts: 842 ✭✭✭Lauragoesmad

Hope your cat gets better really soon! Poor little moggy.:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

Let us know how she gets on.

I'm so sorry to hear that.
    I'll say a pagans prayer for her.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,501 ✭✭✭Alfasudcrazy

Glad to report she is making a slow recovery but is still at the vets on a drip. Blood tests revealed she had (still has) some viral infection. My vet said if she had not been vaccinated she would be a gonner by now.

He hopes she can be left home tomorrow as she started eating small amounts today.

I know im a real old softie when it comes to my animals and I really tormented the vet over this but little Tina (my cat) was always there for me during some dark times in the recent past so I guess now its my turn. :)

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭artieanna

poor girl, is she old? very weird she got struck down so quickly:confused:

keep us updated with her progress

So glad to hear she is improving :):)

artieanna wrote: »
    poor girl, is she old? very weird she got struck down so quickly:confused:

keep us updated with her progress

I was shocked by it too - she is only 1 year old. Hope she did not eat any poison.

• Registered Users Posts: 473 ✭✭sunshine rose

was delighted to be able to see the progress that your cat has being making through your posts! it's great that she is on the mend. there is nothing worse than finding out one of your pets is ill-you can't help but fret because they really do become part of the family!:)

• Advertisement

She is back home today. She is a bit pale looking (ears & nose) and wobbly on her feet. She seems to have lost a lot of weight but otherwise seems to be normal - eating & grooming herself etc. :)

€190 it cost me but at least she is on the mend. She will be on medication for 5 weeks so it must have been a pretty heavy attack. :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 842 ✭✭✭Lauragoesmad

€190 it cost me but at least she is on the mend. She will be on medication for 5 weeks so it must have been a pretty heavy attack. :eek:

I'm sure it was worth every penny!! Glad to hear she's ok!!:)

Advertisement