Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Opinions on tattooists

Options
  • 20-03-2008 3:31am
    Registered Users Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭

I wana sort myself out with some ink, (duhh) and i was wondering if i could get some opinions on some of the artists around dublin.
    some one who's good at like, cartoony bright colour kinda stuff.

I've heard good things about a guy in.. aaghh, colout works i think? im probably wrong, darn my memory. The place above flip.

anyway... im just rambling at this stage.
    Opinions?
    thank you
    =]

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,183 ✭✭✭✭Will

any particular style? like new school type, sort of thick lines, bright colours?
    colour works yeah, or theres a guy in zulu i believe is quite good at what i think you are describing. i forget his name though... best bet is to have a poke around the studios and see whos portfolio you like most

• Registered Users Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

well if your a fan of fosters home for imaginary friends, that kind of style, but not that simple/plain.
    If you know rakan in metal morphisis(spelt that wrong anyway) sort of like his batman tats.

And yeah, being it the midterm i'll go around askin questions and such in the next few days! =]

http://www.cartoonnetwork.com/tv_shows/fosters/index.html <--- had fun on that site for a bit haha.
    id say mark in celestial ring / wildcat would be your best bet mainly due to some of the work we have seen here lately

http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=226952&page=91 <--- have a peek

hahaha had great fun on the cartoon network site!

And thanks man, i had a look at that piece you linked me too! looked real nice.
    i'll deffinatly be talking to mark at some stage.

And also, if anyone could give me the name of the artist who did this ---> http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=226952&page=93

the finishing touches on the foot piece, that is, id love to have an imput from them in my ink too.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

According to the post, it was the guy filling in for Gav in Zulu.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23 armageddon_pony

Wilburt wrote: »
    any particular style? like new school type, sort of thick lines, bright colours?
    colour works yeah, or theres a guy in zulu i believe is quite good at what i think you are describing. i forget his name though... best bet is to have a poke around the studios and see whos portfolio you like most

are you talkin bout Justin??? i think he's really good artist..
    Yanni from Celestial Ring is amazing guy! his works are savage

• Closed Accounts Posts: 486 ✭✭truthinwords

Jani does really nice nuskool colour work. He's got most of his work up here http://inkednation.com/r/r.cfm?t=9&DisplayUser_ID=93425

i f*in hate nu skool.. seriously.. but i still think Jani's work is A M A Z I N. id say he's my fav artist in Dublin..

• Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭Shimei

mark from celestial did all my tatts.including two manga cartoon chicks with big knockers.
    there a few pages back on the show you mine thread.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 486 ✭✭truthinwords

i f*in hate nu skool.. seriously.. but i still think Jani's work is A M A Z I N. id say he's my fav artist in Dublin..

Yeah he's done most of my tattoos. He did post a bulletin on inkednation about moving to Malaga in September so anyone who wants work by him should probably get moving on getting an appointment. Do you have any work from him Martin?

xtruthx

justin in zulu for my tats! =]
    hell ****ing yes.

Yeah he's done most of my tattoos. He did post a bulletin on inkednation about moving to Malaga in September so anyone who wants work by him should probably get moving on getting an appointment. Do you have any work from him Martin?

xtruthx

awhh ****! bad news.. no, i dont have any tats done by him but i really wanted to get some ink by Janni.. bad buzz.. oh well :))

Cian.. yeah. Justin is a great artist, dude can draw really good

• Registered Users Posts: 6,860 ✭✭✭TinyExplosions

I'd say any of the guys in Stigmata in Swords would sort you out... Mick, Cathal and Wally are all top notch artists, and dead sound too!

Also, Mark in Celestial turns out good work, he's done some on me arm taht I've no complaints with.

If you want to try something a little out of the ordinary, go with Pluto up on Dame St -his work seems to be a bit 'marmite', but I love the piece he did on my bicep!

Pluto has moved from his original spot, hes now further back up the street. seems like a character

pluto?

cheers buddy! =]

• Registered Users Posts: 6,860 ✭✭✭TinyExplosions

Wilburt wrote: »
    Pluto has moved from his original spot, hes now further back up the street. seems like a character

Very very much a character... he doesn't suffer fools, and can be a bit abrasive at times, but is sound when you get to know him!

Advertisement