Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RAS scheme

Options
  • 20-03-2008 9:19am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 36

I,m just about to put an apartment up for rent in palmerstown and was thinking of running with the RAS scheme (rental allowance schaeme - all social welfare rent schemes will eventually move to the rental allowance acheme).

I'm getting very conflicting reports from everybody (opinions are like arseholes - everybody has one).

Is this a good thing - can the normal scam artists take advantage? - the county council are supposed to pay the landlords directly - but some supposedly some scammer tenants can get it paid directly into to them after 6 months and hold it to pay for haircuts and new runners instead of rent.

Any feedback would be helpful.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,788 ✭✭✭antoinolachtnai

I would ring the council and see what they say. It depends on the area I think.

Personally I am not a fan of the scheme because it potentially allows the local authority to impose a tenant on you, and if that tenant damages the property, you have to fix it within one month for another tenant.

Advertisement