Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

pubs/clubs open after midnight?

Options
  • 20-03-2008 10:03am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,627 ✭✭✭

does anybody know when or if the pubs close at midnight or open after that?

cheers in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 829 ✭✭✭MattKid

I take it you mean on Good Friday evening?

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

They close at midnight tonight. Mind, it's up to each establishment.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,673 ✭✭✭s_carnage

I think they have to close tonight at midnight. I remember maybe last year or the year before some of the clubs opening at 12 on friday nite.

So you would have to go off-licence shopping today!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,627 ✭✭✭The Freeman

no was asking about tonight lads, had a big night planned of pub drinking and can't remeber if a few places/clubs stayed open after 12 is all

cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 719 ✭✭✭Bass Cadet

no was asking about tonight lads, had a big night planned of pub drinking and can't remeber if a few places/clubs stayed open after 12 is all

cheers

As far as I know, they throw you out of everywhere at 12 midnight. It's actually the Law and not at the discretion of the pub. Its a Law going back to the days when the Catholic Church ruled the land and upheld under the Intoxicatin Liquor Act in 2000 (Modern, multicultural Ireland eh?)

Just aswell, cause as we all know, its a ticket to Hell to be in a pub or to eat sausages on Good Friday

Why a similar Law for Butchers was never brought in, we'll never know!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 670 ✭✭✭ciotog

Time for a Good Friday Fry-Up club? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,540 ✭✭✭sgthighway

Not that anybody would care but CPs is closed on Thursday night

• Registered Users Posts: 5,942 ✭✭✭topper75

No, we don't have a drink problem in this town- absolutely not. We have no problem with alcohol addiction whatsoever. I assure you! Scout's honour. It's official - we are in control. No problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 829 ✭✭✭MattKid

sgthighway wrote: »
    Not that anybody would care but CPs is closed on Thursday night

Well that's my Thursday ruined:(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,673 ✭✭✭s_carnage

MattKid wrote: »
    Well that's my Thursday ruined:(

Organise a house party. Can be as good as a night in a club anyway and theirs bound to be plenty of women up for heading to it once the pub closes. :cool:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,348 ✭✭✭vulcan57

Don't know about tonight, but you can get a legal drink tomorrow if you are desperate enough. Buy a train ticket to athenry and you can drink up at the station. Or buy a ticket for the Town Hall theatre and use their bar tomorrow night. Not sure why they are exempt though, but they're legal.

• Registered Users Posts: 719 ✭✭✭Bass Cadet

vulcan57 wrote: »
    Don't know about tonight, but you can get a legal drink tomorrow if you are desperate enough. Buy a train ticket to athenry and you can drink up at the station. Or buy a ticket for the Town Hall theatre and use their bar tomorrow night. Not sure why they are exempt though, but they're legal.

Same with the airport

• Registered Users Posts: 1,627 ✭✭✭The Freeman

cheers but its more for tonight not tomorrow!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 532 ✭✭✭Pub07

Someone organise a party for after 12. I badly need to hit the town tonight, sufferring from withdrawal symptoms after a crazy 4 nighter last weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,099 ✭✭✭the whole year inn

any where open tonight?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,484 ✭✭✭JIZZLORD

just buy a heap of listerine (35% alcohol) and head to the sparch

• Registered Users Posts: 7,099 ✭✭✭the whole year inn

so any where tonight?

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Ken1001

DTWO on Harcourt Street I know is open after midnight if thats any help!

Eh, this is Galway forum, not Dublin :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,160 ✭✭✭✭banshee_bones

Galway Late Bars and clubs

Roisin Dubh 2 am 7 days a week
    Bar 903 & Cuba* same
    CPs

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,496 ✭✭✭irishgrover

Magnus wrote: »
    Eh, this is Galway forum, not Dublin :)

it's also a year too late, but what the hell :D

• Registered Users Posts: 825 ✭✭✭3fullback

I find it really sad that people are'nt able to go one day with out alcohol.
    Sad really sad

• Registered Users Posts: 25,959 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

I heard someone from the Town Hall saying that under the new laws (presume the same ones that closed off-licences at 10:30pm), theatre licences are no longer exempt. Don't know if it's changed for the station or not.

• Registered Users Posts: 515 ✭✭✭steve 0

3fullback wrote: »
    Sad really sad
    Where did anyone state they drink everyday? It's the longest weekend of the year for most people outside of Christmas, why shouldn't they be able to go out if they want to.
    Back on topic, there are some parts of the country that have clubs opening at midnight but none in Galway. Unless somebody knows different?

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭bethm

does anybody know when or if the pubs close at midnight or open after that?

cheers in advance

Heading out myself and the posts set me thinking no good out without a drink. Rang the quays they are open and upstairs is open after 12 and a band playing dont know about anywhere else. Enjoy

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭Shaniev

The amount of people in dunnes stores eyre square off licence getting drink today was unreal!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 326 ✭✭fatguy2k1

everywhere closes at midnight tonight.

if your looking for drinks tomorrow - Galwegians club house is open and serving, might be after the match though (6:30pm KO)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,675 ✭✭✭ronnie3585

3fullback wrote: »
    Sad really sad

That would be an ecumenical matter.

Happy Easter 2009 everyone
    Someone start a fresh thread in 2010

icon_padlock_big.jpg

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement