Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Streaming programs from the internet

Options
  • 20-03-2008 10:05am
    Registered Users Posts: 546 ✭✭✭

has anybody else having problem streaming programs from the net. the program wont buffer and when it does play the content is very stop-start

i am not using the service in china, japan so lag cant be much of a problem

any idea how to rectify??
    Ta

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,399 ✭✭✭✭r3nu4l

I assume you are talking about all streaming being a problem for you? Can you stream properly from RTE.ie?

What browser are you running, what specs are your machine etc.? Do you have any firewalls installed...blah, blah, blah. Some information would be good because otherwise it's just guesswork.

Oh, I won't ask you to name the site you are streaming from but I'm sure it's completely legal.

• Registered Users Posts: 546 ✭✭✭abakan

yes streaming is the problem, from RTE it is stop start aswell.
    no firewall on either PC.just the Netopia plugged into the Network port on the PC and via wireless on the laptop

I have to computers, laptop and PC, tried 2 different browsers on the 2 computer and still the same problem

Ran the test on irishisp for speed and im getting 2MB approx download and 256MB download.

Im confused??

• Registered Users Posts: 640 ✭✭✭Wcool

Not sure which player you use to stream, but if you use Windows Media player, try this instead:

http://www.videolan.org/vlc/

It's miles better. But I have to admit that your speed seems adequate...

• Registered Users Posts: 546 ✭✭✭abakan

I just stream through the browser. so firefox should buffer the content coming from the Net and I use the Mac mostly but ill still that player on the PC and see how it goes
    Thanks a mil

Advertisement