Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

japanese akita

Options
  • 20-03-2008 10:17am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 69 ✭✭

hey everyone-i have a 3 year old akita,comes from good stock regestered with the kennel club.i have his papers and he gets all his shots.i'm looking to breed the dog with another akita has to be pinto colours and have all the right documents.i love the akita breed and everything it stands for -any suggestions are welcome =nicky:)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭jameshayes

Hi Nicky, your dog sounds great - but before your breed him it would be advisable to get him check by a vet. eg. Hip scored, Eye scored & temprament tested - this will increase the chances of mis breading. Although he might be fine & healty he may not be a good breeding dog.

You will probably get a few people on here saying that there is already too many dogs out there(i'm normally one of them) but breeding is eventually upto you and your dog. Just remember that just because he's registered with the IKK doesn't make him a good breeding dog.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 69 ✭✭henboy9

jameshayes wrote: »
    Hi Nicky, your dog sounds great - but before your breed him it would be advisable to get him check by a vet. eg. Hip scored, Eye scored & temprament tested - this will increase the chances of mis breading. Although he might be fine & healty he may not be a good breeding dog.

You will probably get a few people on here saying that there is already too many dogs out there(i'm normally one of them) but breeding is eventually upto you and your dog. Just remember that just because he's registered with the IKK doesn't make him a good breeding dog.
    thanks james i'll look in to that

• Registered Users Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭jameshayes

And to answer your actual question; You should contact the IKK and ask them about breeders - call one of the breeders who you feel would be the best and tell him you have a stud dog.

Giving you dog for stud often entails sending your dog to live with the female for a few weeks / days or having a female live with you for a few weeks/days...

Advertisement