Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Soundproofing

Options
  • 20-03-2008 10:58am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 627 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

I have a little bit of a strange situation with my new bedroom, so any help would be greatly appreciated :)

The room is great except for the fact that their is an open ceiling out onto the hallway and if i decide to get an early night, the noise from downstairs keeps me awake

The room has is on two levels with a loft upstairs - the open ceiling is over the doorway as you enter and is not that large - approx. 2Mx 1M

I was hoping that somebody could put me in the right direction as to what type of soundproofing material i could use? I have heard about a thin (ish) rubber/plastic material that can be tacked down - anyone know what this might be?

Cheers

Advertisement