Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

after last weeks races here a floodlight one!!

• 20-03-2008 11:04am
    Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭

The BHAA and North County Farmers are pleased to announce the first occasion of a cross-country race under floodlights. The race will take place on Wednesday 26 March 2008 at 8pm in the grounds of Malahide Rugby Club.

The race will be 5km within the grounds. There will be one combined race although it is intended to have separate starts for men and women if possible.

The entry fee will be €10 for all entrants (i.e. BHAA members and day-members alike).

There will be a different prize structure from normal as follows. Prizes will be awarded to the first three men and the first three women. There will be no team prizes or age-group prizes. All other prizes will be awarded to finishers throughout the field based on pre-determined finishing positions.

Directions: Malahide Rugby Club is located along Broadmeadow Estuary and can be accessed from the Fingallians roundabout. If you go north along the M1, turn left at the Lissenhall roundabout onto the old Belfast road. At the Fingallians roundabout, take a left and go under the motorway and onto Estuary Road. The race venue is 1.2 miles from the roundabout.
    click here for MAP

This is a unique opportunity for runners to run in a cross-country race under floodlights. Runners are invited to provide opinions and comments after the race with a view to making this an annual event.

For more information, contact Paul Barnwall (087-2329577) or Robert McNamara (087-6991242).

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,598 ✭✭✭shels4ever

Sounds like a great event for my first cross country race in 10 years, will dig the spikes out now and cant wait to get back... 5 k is jsut right for me at the moment too

• Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭rdunne

I forgot to link the flyer. Here it is

• Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭rdunne

here is a map for this race. It a new location
    MAP

Advertisement