Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Game Stop in Henry Street.

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

alot fos tupid people out there

Lol, if I spend my money in Gamestop this means I'm stupid? :mad:
    Cop yourself on!
    Kenjd wrote: »
    Its actually quite funny if you ask them about pc games, a simply question like "can i play this on-line?", they haven't a clue!
    There are hundreds, nay thousands of PC games out there. Do you expect staff to know this instantly for every game? Hell, if you just read the back of the box it'd probably show you. On-line play is an added feature which will help sales so it's usually well marked on the display box.
    I wondering have you ever worked in a customer service job. 9/10, the customer is wrong!
    CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    If you have a problem with the shop, say it to the manager, say that you are unhappy with the service and say you won't be shopping there again.
    In fact, go so far as to email the company and air your grievance.
    It'll certainly get you further than venting your bile here.

QFT, what do you expect us to do OP?
    Sorry if that's harsh but if you are ever unhappy with something just ask for the manager and calmly explain the problem.
    In fact, management should welcome complaints. It's better for Gamestop if you give them a chance to sort this but instead you blacken their name here.

Seems very common in Ireland unfortunatly. People won't complain to management and instead they bitch and moan to everyone. Why? :confused:

Edit, btw OP, when I read your title I was thinking of the game shop on Henry Street in Limerick. Don't assume everyone knows you are in Dublin.
    How can we list nearby stores if you don't say where town/city you are in?

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,634 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

will some of ye lay off the OP he's right to vent not everyone loves to make a big song and dance about these things in stores, so please do shut up,

in waterford we have 1 gamestop, 1 smyths and a few xtra-visions so basically 1 actual computer game shop, and there was an empty space in the centre of town 30 metres from where gamestop currently are and GAME were going to rent it but Gamestop have now rented it just so GAME can't, it's ****e for us here, 2 ****ing ****holes within 30 metres . . . yay

• Registered Users Posts: 8,067 ✭✭✭L31mr0d

mayordenis wrote: »
    will some of ye lay off the OP he's right to vent not everyone loves to make a big song and dance about these things in stores, so please do shut up,

i'm sorry but he went back 4 times. Even after the 3rd time he had decided to not give them his time yet he went back again.

If this was a story about a guy who would get eletrocuted by his toaster every time he plugged it in, but instead of reporting the fault, kept coming back to it and getting electrocuted over and over, we'd be in stitches. Its the same thing here, the first time it happened he should of either reported it to management or taken his business elsewhere for good.

"fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, shame on me"

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,607 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

will some of ye lay off the OP he's right to vent not everyone loves to make a big song and dance about these things in stores, so please do shut up

That's a bit strong, given that most of the people here are agreeing with the OP, I think some of us are entitled to an alternate point of view, coupled with some constructive criticism,

And as for telling us to "shut up", if anyone but a mod said that here he/she would be reprimanded for it, so mind your tone,
    thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

in waterford we have 1 gamestop, 1 smyths and a few xtra-visions so basically 1 actual computer game shop

Waterford is a joke if you want to buy a computer game. Online shopping all the way.

• Advertisement

Wow some people are really taking this personally. Hey if you really want toast and there is only 1 toaster that worksin the area why not try again.

The reason i went back to the shop so many times is because i would rather give them the benefit of the doubt as twice it was over the christmas period.

Also im sorry i didnt point out that it was Dublin not Limerick for the person who took offence to that also.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭0ubliette

Gamestop are hopelessly rubbish - do a search on this board and you'll see there loads of similar topics about how bad they are, how much of a rip-off they are and how crap their service is. I don't even go in there anymore.

It's a shame really, I remember when they were just Gamesworld in the back of Chapters, trading in 3D0 games with the guys there who were really sound. Screw you corporate America.

I remember when they were in chapters too, them were the days! i bought my PS1 in there, great days...had to carry it home in a bin bag and all cause they didnt have gamesworld bags..aww, bless. I bought flashback for the SNES in there too for 15 pound. Memories...

• Registered Users Posts: 14,993 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

I can't remember the last time I bought a game in Gamestop, their prices are rediculous. I especially hate how they charge €5 less for a pre-owned game as opposed to a new one..... because of this level of greed I won't be buying either there!

Like so many others I do miss the days of Gamesworld where you could pick up a true bargain every so often. I don't think I've seen anything in Gamestop in the last few years that I could label a bargain.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,607 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Yup, I worked in Gameworld in the back of Chapters, not the one on the 1st floor of the newer Chapters store, now closed.
    I loved it, we got really cool people who knew their stuff, could have interesting conversations about games with people who wanted to know more than when the next Fifa game was coming out.
    Although we would still have the odd dipstick looking for Goldeneye the week before Christmas.
    I really miss working there, it's been 10 years now since I worked there regularly, and I had some great times.
    The black bags were used because there had been a few instances of kids getting robbed carrying home a PS in a GW bag.
    I remember walking to the bus late one night with my brand new launch night N64 with a couple of games under my arm, waiting for a scum bag to try and take it, I'm not saying I could have put up much of a fight, but I'd be plenty pissed!

I wonder if I served any of you?
    I was the tall fellow with the red hair, beard and glasses, yes a stereotype I know, if you do remember, be kind, ok?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

have to say i went into gamestop one day and they world in conflict special ed for 25 euro so i brought it to the counter and it couldnt be found

and there was no real apology,

in my job when this happens people get in a lot of trouble if stock is not there for a product we say we have in stock

seems gamestop has a very poor filing system

• Advertisement

creggy wrote: »
    Pfft, Gamestop is the devil of the gaming world.

€7 for FIFA 08 for the 360??

Yeah, piss off!

Just as you say that, i never sell games to there anymore but i used to. Isnt it funny how they act more dissapointed to you when they give you the price.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,634 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

the fact is there is any amount of reasons why a shop might **** up even somehow on 3 seperate occasions, but the odds are so low on what happened to the op its just plain ridiculous, do they have any stock?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭MooseJam

just shop in Game, they are great , never had any bother from them in years of shopping

• Registered Users Posts: 8,067 ✭✭✭L31mr0d

the fact is there is any amount of reasons why a shop might **** up even somehow on 3 seperate occasions, but the odds are so low on what happened to the op its just plain ridiculous, do they have any stock?

the odds are the same for everyone each time they enter the shop. Its like saying if someone won the lottery they are less likely to win it again if they play next week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 77 ✭✭netopia789

gamestop in cammil co tipp dont no what thay are tucking about i whant to by a psp tv cable and the sony one was 20euro ok than thay had thare own brand for 18 but thay told me taht the sany ones ware all sold my f.uck thay ware sold thay had about 20 of than thay whant me to by thare one

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

netopia789 wrote: »
    gamestop in cammil co tipp dont no what thay are tucking about i whant to by a psp tv cable and the sony one was 20euro ok than thay had thare own brand for 18 but thay told me taht the sany ones ware all sold my f.uck thay ware sold thay had about 20 of than thay whant me to by thare one
    Seriously, download google toolbar and before you click post, click on the spell check button. It'll allow people to understand your posts a little better.

cant get it useing a mac book pro

• Registered Users Posts: 3,398 ✭✭✭randombar

Ya seriously man, spell check.

and the main story is gamestop is useless and everyone should shop elsewhere!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

Learn to spell then.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,368 ✭✭✭thelordofcheese

Spell Check when your stuck using a Mac and a video showing how to enable it, just incase.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,720 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Omg..Hes some liar..Lads..He doesnt have a Macbook pro..He is using a normal Dell Desktop computer I know him...Lying is sad...He is 15 years old like...Hes trying to impress ye..Im only 16 but I aint lying

ok i am useing a hp maidia canter 7775 uk spc
    so f u david

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,420 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

I think the gamestops all over the country are bad being honest,any of the ones i've been in espically the staff in cork dont know jack **** about games or if you ask them about a game there always look at you stupid and "eh like,i've never heard of that game like?" :rolleyes: they also never update there release date folder,they use to actually cool shops,where the staff actually knew there stuff about games.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,368 ✭✭✭thelordofcheese

callaway92 wrote: »
    Omg..Hes some liar..Lads..He doesnt have a Macbook pro..He is using a normal Dell Desktop computer I know him...Lying is sad...He is 15 years old like...Hes trying to impress ye..Im only 16 but I aint lying
    ok i am useing a hp maidia canter 7775 uk spc
    so f u david

Ohh jesus......

• Registered Users Posts: 4,143 ✭✭✭ironictoaster

Ohh jesus......

Agreed

Stop your bickering!! Stay on topic!

Sorry for bringing up old threads but 1 year on . I went back in there today . The reason was i had 1 hour lunch and i was to pick up the Wii Fit . I went into HMV and they had a huge queue. But i noticed that Gamestop also had the Wii Fit .
    So i left HMV's queue as i needed to be back in work.
    I went into Gamestop picked the Wii Fit box off the shelf with the price on it . i queued up again. Waiting and waiting i finally get served .
    I hand her the box and she says "we are sold out"
    OK so i think they have just sold out but no .

I go to HMV and they have sold out .

Message to GameStop if things are sold "GET THEM OFF THE SHELVES"

• Registered Users Posts: 26,400 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Okay and now for my usual stand up for the poor minium wage guy behind the counter bit.

In the XV I worked in. We could not, under any circumstances (bar noticing an incorrect price), remove any poster, in store ad or Dummy box in the store.

There are numerous examples, for one we were a Meteor franchise so we weren't really sposed to touch the meteor section (bar keep it clean). Its obvious enough why, if we don't have said phone-at least you know it exists and you may buy it elsewhere.

Our store had a sign painted on it for years "open until midnight" has been blatantly untrue for years yet it is never changed. Customers by the way still complain that they were charged because they couldn't get a DVD back because we were closed before 12 (despite the fact you are suppossed to return DVDs before 8:30-its on the small print of the contract so we don't have 20 morons returning stuff 4 minutes before we close that staff would then have to return and file and also so that they can actually rent that stuff out again).

The dummy box thing is very true, they rarely get taken in (Im talking about game sales here) because the people in charge don't want interest in the product to fall since they know therell likely be a delivery soon.

With regards rentals, people may complain if they find a box of "I am Legend" and bring it up and are told there is none left. This is uaually because the previous customer came up and asked for it and got very snooty when asked to actually bring me up the physical box. Or it could also happen if the box was simply not visible-you know what these places are like on a Fri/Sat night with kids everywhere.

Sorry that alot of this is not directly relevant to gamestop or computer games but I just want to point out that 9/10 the Consumer is wrong and people in Customer service have to suck it up irregardless for their 8 quid an hour.

EDIT: Although it sounds to me that the TC had genuine grievances.

I wouldnt blame the staff, i would blame the managers. I would also blame the fact they have no staff on the floor that could save me standing in a queue for so long. There is no excuse for that. Its all bad managment. I grew up working in a shop . Never have problems with that. HMV doesnt have these problems . Its just this 1 shop .

Advertisement