Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Buying phones on the net

• 20-03-2008 12:17pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,596 ✭✭✭

Im looking for reliable sites to buy phones from. I know about the o2/vodafone/meteor etc sites and the carphonewarehouse one. But is there any other trustworthy ones?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,509 ✭✭✭strecker

www.expansys.ie

I've bought a couple of phones and accessories from them...usually o.k., but it's always worth giving them a call to see if items are REALLY in stock...so you don't wait 2 weeks on that "next day" delivery!
    But seriously, they are ok, andhave a massive range

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,819 ✭✭✭rymus

+1 for expansys.. used them in the past (the UK site, before they had an Irish operation) and always found them decent to deal with.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,596 ✭✭✭RubyXI

Whats ye'r opinion on buying phones on ebay? I got one on it before and there was no problem but I'd always be worried about it. I guess if the feedback and all is good then it might be safe enough??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭mkennedy

phi3 wrote: »
    Whats ye'r opinion on buying phones on ebay? I got one on it before and there was no problem but I'd always be worried about it. I guess if the feedback and all is good then it might be safe enough??

I was looking around on ebay for a HTC Polaris there recently and tbh I'll probably stick with a traditional online reseller.

One ebay seller was selling it "brand new Boxed" for about 50 euro cheaper than usual.
    His feedback was 98% (a few thousand sales)- so not bad you might think.
    Until I started reading his NEGATIVE feedback:
    People saying things like "Not happy, AVOID" etc etc.
    So moral of the story- check out all feedback, positive and negative, thoroughly i'd say before committing to buy.

The other Polarises on ebay were actually more expensive than the traditional online resellers.
    I was surprised by this tbh because in general i've found ebay good for less expensive stuff.
    Of course i'm sure there are great deals there- all i'm saying is read feedback thoroughly.

One of the cheapest online resellers i've come across though is clove.co.uk- I used to use expansys a bit but clove seem to undercut them on a lot of things.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,596 ✭✭✭RubyXI

Clove? I'll check them out

• Advertisement
Advertisement