Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Suzuki Grand Vitara Commercial

Options
  • 20-03-2008 12:32pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 124 ✭✭

Anyone got any feedback on the Suzuki Grand Vitara Commercial?

Looking at the 50/50 deal thats on the go at the moment to generate more cash back into the business but don't want a bad vehicle to drive.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 197 ✭✭RobbieMc

The vitara is a grand vehicle. Can bit a little bit expensive in the family version.
    Does it provide you with enough room for your business?
    A neighbour has the 5 door version, 2006. Never used it off road until he got stuck in the wicklow mountains after bringing he family out for the day( he parked in a muddy area and it rained)
    He could not get un stuck, he phoned me adn I advised putting the car into off road mode. This was fine, car drove out, back into normal road mode came home.
    Few days later,a loud noise could be clearly heard from the rear diff. Dealer checked the vehicle and the rear diff was blown. luckly it was under warranty, but it could have been expensive if this had happened out of warranty.
    His concern is why this happened on a fairly new car with low milage.
    They are a good car, I like them but I'm sure faults can be found in any make/ model out there.
    Just make sure that you service it at regular intervals.

Good luck

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭niceirishfella

Yes, the diff's and gearbox's on there new models are problematic.

I have a relation with one (2007 model)and the gearbox is gone to pot in it - changing gear is like stirring soup with the gear lever. Pity tho - cos the fit and finish of the vehicle is good inside and out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 124 ✭✭FRM

Surely the warranty covers the gearbox then?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭niceirishfella

sure it does - but if it goes wrong on you, will you get a suitable replacement vehicle to suit your business needs whilst it would be in? Your suzuke garage could give you a mickey mouse car for a loaner.......
    also, there's all the hassles of it.

Advertisement