Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Programmes you want to see back on Irish television

2»

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,832 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Top 30 Hits anyone? :D
    And they should get Kevo (I think that was his name - fellow from Echo Island) back. He is probably 30 these days, but get him back anyway (unless he is dead / drug addict)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 515 ✭✭✭steve 0

The End was weird and wonderful, i miss it. more please.
    Barry Murphy & Sean Moncrieff were legends, back in the days I actually stayed in @ weekends.
    you've won another iota
    Quality :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,148 ✭✭✭✭KnifeWRENCH

2TV
    Top 30 Hits
    Bull Island
    Blackboard Jungle (I always hoped I'd be on it when I got to2nd level..unfortunately it was long dead before I was old enough :()
    and ANY show that will tempt Zig & Zag back to RTE!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 94 ✭✭goodburger

agree with the above poster, Bull Island was superb. Podge and Rodge is also good, i loved paths to freedom and fergus's wedding. However, in general apart from the news and current affairs, RTE is total rubbish. I have sky and never, ever, ever watch rte. In fairness I dont watch much of tv3 either, i sometimes catch the morning show, but thats about it, tv3 is practically itv. however, back to rte. RTE is not worth what the licence fee cost to each individual, perhaps without the huge salaries of certain pathetic individuals they could afford some more original programming. RTE need to clean out its closets.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,091 ✭✭✭Biro

loyatemu wrote: »
    Murphy's Micro Quiz'm

what was the extra "m" for?
    thats just part of the mystery.

rotfl!! Pure legend! And the blue Ford Sierra that they gave away, and at the end they'd put the guy beside the car for the last question, probably in a bit to pressure him into answering the question wrong so they wouldn't have to buy another car!
    In the later series when the Sierra went out of production it was a red Ford Orion.
    The 'm was a stroke of genious though!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,091 ✭✭✭Biro

Múinteoir wrote: »
    I'm not even a sporty person and I liked Know Your Sport; Jimmy Magee and George Hamilton are legends!

The amount of stuff that the people on it would know, things like some 1974 olympics, some runner won the 200m sprint, but what kenyan came second? And stuff like that.. And what did the winner get? A f*ckin Know your Sport cheque book and pen. A cheque book!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

6d7d0701009bc8924ee4e54f259a9817.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 446 ✭✭man1

Biro wrote: »
    The amount of stuff that the people on it would know, things like some 1974 olympics, some runner won the 200m sprint, but what kenyan came second? And stuff like that.. And what did the winner get? A f*ckin Know your Sport cheque book and pen. A cheque book!

Wasn't it an umbrella. You are thinking of something else there!

Remember pajo's jukebox.....whatever happened to him?

Jo-maxi..........

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,127 ✭✭✭✭kerry4sam

Ivan wrote: »
    When I saw this thread I instantly thought "Know your sport"! Epic show.
    Xavi6 wrote: »
    Upwardly Mobile...... *cough*

Know your Sport has never been replaced...even with all the sport shows they have aired since it ended, none have come close

The Good Life and Upwardly Mobile were honestly in my opinion class shows, priceless and the dry humour and second to none...bring em back :cool:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,276 ✭✭✭IRISHSPORTSGUY

Gridlock. :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,276 ✭✭✭IRISHSPORTSGUY

You're not! I loved the way he'd get completely over-excited at the littlest things. Setanta outbid RTE for the Irish rights a couple of years ago, so there's not much chance of it being on terrestrial again anytime soon.

Aye. One hardly ever sees him excited anymore. He does not show much enthusiasm presenting 'The Premiership' and when I have seen MotoGP it seems he does not have the same passion as he does for F1.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,313 ✭✭✭✭Sam Kade

Mart and Market.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,313 ✭✭✭✭Sam Kade

Nolanger wrote: »
    Quicksilver - with Bunny Carr and Norman the organ player.
    It would be cheaper now with the Euro - 5 cent instead of 5 pence questions.
    No other Irish TV show has given the world a phrase as good as "Stop the lights".
    Didn't Bunny Carr have to do a runner over charity money?

Advertisement