Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Internet radio and RTE

• 20-03-2008 1:07pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,132 ✭✭✭

I purchased and internet radio recently but it can only pick up certain Irish radio stations. And there is no RTÉ. Any suggestions?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Which radio are you using?

Mike.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,132 ✭✭✭silvine

Its not got RealAudio streaming so no RTE or BBC (outside UK) as far as I can tell.

One of the other radio-heads here should be able to confirm that I belive.

from spec sheet.
    Supported audio formats MP3 (CBR/VBR up to 320 kBit/s), WAV (LPCM)
    Supported services & protocols UPnP, HTML (Web GUI), DHCP, fixed IP, WLAN, Live RSS/Blog feeds in
    display, Podcast (MP3/WAV), ID3 (V1.0 / V2.0), M3U, PLS

Mike.

So there's no workaround? Bit disappointing that it can't play RTÉ.

I'd stick it on ebay and buy a Logik 100 box.

Mike.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 129 ✭✭Radio|Man

RTE has just started streaming in WMA, a format your radio will support, however, it takes up to 2 weeks for the index on your radio, to update.

Wait a few weeks, and they should appear.

I think a boards guide to Buying and Using Internet Radio sticky would be useful.

Miek.

Indeed it would. Bit disappointing that the internet radio is more fiddley and doesn't have all the Irish radio stations. There's a lot to be said for DAB...

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,130 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

mike65 wrote: »
    I'd stick it on ebay and buy a Logik 100 box.

Mike.
    +1. Great radio alright, and worth picking up whenever on special offer (Currys/Dixons/PC World).

• Registered Users, Subscribers, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,351 ✭✭✭mike2084

Radio|Man wrote: »
    RTE has just started streaming in WMA, a format your radio will support, however, it takes up to 2 weeks for the index on your radio, to update.

Have you got the addresses of these streams? Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,962 ✭✭✭Greenman

byte wrote: »
    +1. Great radio alright, and worth picking up whenever on special offer (Currys/Dixons/PC World).

I'm in Dublin next week, anything doing re offers/sales etc. Please let me know.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 69 ✭✭TRSJ

Get an internet radio that uses reciva software for streaming the stations. I have 3 internet radios in various rooms in my house and they all support reciva. They have about 100 irish stations listed alone among the 6000+ stations I have access to including all the rte stations. As regards quality a roberts radio is great as its one of the first stereo internet radios you can buy with lovely sound (depending on station quality of course).

Why buy a dab radio with 10-20 stations when you get 6000 on an internet radio and some of the stations' audio is fantastic.

• Registered Users, Subscribers, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,351 ✭✭✭mike2084

TRSJ wrote: »
    Get an internet radio that uses reciva software for streaming the stations.

I have this radio as well, http://www.frankjordans.com/morphyrichard_internet_radio.htm
    which is Reciva, but the wi-fi connection is not that great, the Musicpal seems to be more robust.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,726 ✭✭✭✭DMC

Greenman wrote: »
    I'm in Dublin next week, anything doing re offers/sales etc. Please let me know.

With the exchange rate, its definitely worth heading up North, even though its still expensive compared with prices posted here a few months ago. Looking at the Curry's site, only stores that have them are Ballymena, Coleraine and Craigavon and in PC World in Bangor and Derry. £79.98 Also, the danger is, its the last one on the shelf, might be damaged etc.

Dunno what price they are instore down here, around €120 mark they were the last time I was in there a few months ago. There should be more stock then :)

Whats with the pricing? Logik radios can be anywhere from 50 to 100 quids depending on the day you buy one it seems.

Mike.

• Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 28,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭oscarBravo

Radio|Man wrote: »

Got a URL? WMA sucks, but RA sucks donkey balls.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 220 ✭✭dueyfinster

oscarBravo wrote: »
    Got a URL? WMA sucks, but RA sucks donkey balls.

Yes an URL would be most appreciated here too! Thanks in advance!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

They've started streaming video in wmv but I haven't seen any wma radio streams yet. Choice is always good.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,962 ✭✭✭Greenman

DMC wrote: »
    With the exchange rate, its definitely worth heading up North, even though its still expensive compared with prices posted here a few months ago. Looking at the Curry's site, only stores that have them are Ballymena, Coleraine and Craigavon and in PC World in Bangor and Derry. £79.98 Also, the danger is, its the last one on the shelf, might be damaged etc.

Dunno what price they are instore down here, around €120 mark they were the last time I was in there a few months ago. There should be more stock then :)

Thanks Damo, got a Streamium from Philips for €20, very buggy good when it works. Look on Youtube for various demos of internet radios. I think they are in their infancy but I'm hooked.

Damo a sticky on Internet Radio would be great.

Thanks, JD back in Belgium.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,726 ✭✭✭✭DMC

Greenman wrote: »
    Thanks Damo, got a Streamium from Philips for €20, very buggy good when it works. Look on Youtube for various demos of internet radios. I think they are in their infancy but I'm hooked.

Damo a sticky on Internet Radio would be great.

Thanks, JD back in Belgium.

Nay bother JD :)

Might be a recommendation to a kindly mod here, it is a frequent request, and a easy-to-read (eg mike65-proof) sticky might is a great idea. ;)

• Advertisement

Hey I resemble that remark!

Mike.

Advertisement