Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

"Friendly Game" - United Fans V Liverpool fans

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,225 ✭✭✭Chardee MacDennis

although the location will be affected by whether it is 5/7/11 a-side! it's a vicious circle!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,399 ✭✭✭✭Thanx 4 The Fish

Well I have nothing to do with this grand occasion, is homer's baby.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,254 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dub13

Well I have nothing to do with this grand occasion, is homer's baby.

So you are no going to fly in for this to help the lads out...:(, you are not dedicated to the boards Liverpool cult.;)

I will gladly pick anybody up from Brum and bring em to the game if it is in Wigan but other than that will be a bit tough, potentailly starting a new conract soon, any time off will be costly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 732 ✭✭✭kaizersoze1980

I'll play for a United side if this goes ahead

I will gladly pick anybody up from Brum and bring em to the game if it is in Wigan but other than that will be a bit tough, potentailly starting a new conract soon, any time off will be costly.

I am only pulling your leg mate...:)

Well would love to play TBH, have been playing over here at a reasonable level for a couple of seasons and play 4 times a week. Oh well, not to worry, am sure we will stuff them anyway without needing me ;)

There may be a Man You team entering our 5 a side,if they win a Liverpool fans 5 a side we will never hear the end of the abuse.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

ya, we there is no immediate rush with this,these things take time and need planning. everybodies opinion is needed and if this is to be a success, we need to allow everybody to play. i am currently 6000 miles away anyway with work, so i wont be available to play for at least 2 weeks. but this would never be sorted in 2 weeks.

i will look after the united side of things along with nunu and who ever else wants to get involved, alan has already said he will organise his side and im sure there will be 2 or 3 others willing to help him out.

so, confirmed for united so far, me, nunu, shay and gary. thats already a good start!!

once tomorrow is out of the way, we can look at dates and take this to the respective threads and IMs/texts.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

Right so...if the players wanting to represent Liverpool wanna drop me a PM and we can try and get more accurate numbers.
    cheers

• Advertisement

It may be a good idea to sort a date out first so lads can work out if they are free and then commit or not.

Mr Alan wrote: »
    Right so...if the players wanting to represent Liverpool wanna drop me a PM and we can try and get more accurate numbers.
    cheers

cheers bud (we may have a little wager on this to spice things up!!!!)

dub13, are you playing???? as i said, lets get tomorrow out of the way first please before dates start.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

well if we can get players and then find a date that'll suit em.

as for the wager.....we'll see ;)

dub13, are you playing???? as i said, lets get tomorrow out of the way first please before dates start.

Depends on when it is if I am free I will definitely play.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

This defo sounds like a great idea, wouldnt play myself, but good luck to everyone who does.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

If its a sat at a reasonable time i will be "drunken heckler no 1"

kdjac

KdjaCL wrote: »
    If its a sat at a reasonable time i will be "drunken heckler no 1"

kdjac

nice! i am quite looking forward to this game!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,675 ✭✭✭genericgoon

I think a video of the event for Soccer board consumption would be good. With bad commentary being a bonus. :D

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,373 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

I think a video of the event for Soccer board consumption would be good. With bad commentary being a bonus. :D

No, now let there be none of that talk!!

It'll be enough of a shambles without being able to relive it!

• Advertisement

Maybe a forfeit of some kind, the losing team and supporters on the day can't post in the soccer forum the day after the game or something similar.

when the dust settles on the premiership game, i will set this up from a united side. already im getting PMS, so thanks lads.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

when the dust settles on the premiership game, i will set this up from a united side. already im getting PMS, so thanks lads.
    You're getting PMS? :confused:
    Are you a bird? Are birds allow to play in this match?

Homer has been banned from soccer permanently and has now said that he will not be helping out on the Man U v liverpool game, does anybody else want to take over on the Man U side ?

And as for "birds" being allowed to play, that will I suppose be up to the organisers.

Homer has been banned from soccer permanently and has now said that he will not be helping out on the Man U v liverpool game, does anybody else want to take over on the Man U side ?

And as for "birds" being allowed to play, that will I suppose be up to the organisers.
    WTF?

About the banning or the women playing ?

• Advertisement

Both

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Homer has been banned from soccer permanently
    lol

Third strike BaZmo. Just passing on his message which was ""im not going to do it unless im part of the forum""

And as for women in the game, it is nothing to do with me. Trained ladies teams before and I know that some of the were hard as nails and while not always physically as strong, still have some decent skillz.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,909 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Homer has been banned from soccer permanently

:confused: To do with this thread or something else?

so anyone from the united side willing to organise their team?

• Advertisement

Xavi6 wrote: »
    :confused: To do with this thread or something else?

Something else apparently, in the form of a pm to T4TF.

Seemed kinda harmless to me but i don't know the whole story and who (apart from Masch) doesn't know you can't mess with the Steve Bennetts.

I don't have the time to organise the game this week or next, anyone else able to help?

lordgoat wrote: »
    Something else apparently, in the form of a pm to T4TF.

Seemed kinda harmless to me but i don't know the whole story and who (apart from Masch) doesn't know you can't mess with the Steve Bennetts.

I don't have the time to organise the game this week or next, anyone else able to help?

For a PM? That seems a bit ridiculous. I'm sure the contents were relating to either this thread or the game yesterday so can't imagine it was anything serious. If he did say something better he say it over PM rather than on a public forum.

Obviousy we don't know all the facts but it must have been something really bad to justify a third and final ban.

Interesting you should say that lord considering that you thought that the ref was well within his rights yesterday to send off Masch after warning him.
    I agree but the ref told him he was goign to book him unless he shut up in a previous incident. And Torred was booked for the same offence he was a complete idiot and can not be defended in the case.

And you made a very similar post on the Grand Slam thread yesterday too IIRC Xavi.

Is there anything else or would ye rather go back to discussing the topic at hand ?

Interesting you should say that lord considering that you thought that the ref was well within his rights yesterday to send off Masch after warning him.

And you made a very similar post on the Grand Slam thread yesterday too IIRC Xavi.

Is there anything else or would ye rather go back to discussing the topic at hand ?

Well we all know what Mascherano did so can we find out what the banned user did? Maybe we'll agree with you.

Anyway, Mascherano spoke to the referee during the public event that was the game. The user didn't speak to you in the public event that is the thread. To use your analogy, he did the equivalent of Mascherano speaking to Bennett after the game instead of during. Right protocol tbh.

Third strike BaZmo. Just passing on his message which was ""im not going to do it unless im part of the forum""
    Third strike maybe, but I'm still bleeding lost!!

And as for women in the game, it is nothing to do with me. Trained ladies teams before and I know that some of the were hard as nails and while not always physically as strong, still have some decent skillz.
    And as for women playing, that was a joke to do with Homer saying he was getting PMS (PM's)......geddit?

I understand the joke, BaZ but still cannot see why women should not be allowed play should they so choose.

And xavi, while I imagine that homer has filled you in on the occurrences already, if he has not then perhaps he does not want to. He did tell me that he was going to be pming people about the his banning.

I understand the joke, BaZ but still cannot see why women should not be allowed play should they so choose.

And xavi, while I imagine that homer has filled you in on the occurrences already, if he has not then perhaps he does not want to. He did tell me that he was going to be pming people about the his banning.

I know that it's between you guys and no one here really has a place to say anything but in general I just don't agree with someone being banned over something said via PM. Whatever was said was between the two of you and should be kept that way. By using the mod power it brings the issue to public attention.

EDIT: What I'm saying is that if he said something to me via PM I'd just have to deal with it as I don't have the power of the ban stick in this forum.

But you do, you can have anybody banned if they decided to be a troll via pm or on the forum. You report the pm, send it on and they can either be banned from the forum, or as in numerous cases be banned from the site all together.

And just FYI the ban was a decision that was taken under consultation with other mods of the forum, I did not take the action lightly as it was his third ban and meant a perm. Regardless of what people think, we do not like having to ban people, or perm ban them for that matter, it means a whole heap of hassle dealing with inevitable feedback threads (keep your eyes peeled for the latest entry) and pming back and forward explaining bans ad infinitum to the offender, and anybody else that they have pm'd to try and say how unjustified their ban was.

Anyways, that is neither here nor there. This is about the footy game, has anybody agreed to take on the Man U organisation or will anybody ?

I don't see how the two events are comparable. I'll admit if he said something wrong and you had continually warned him fair enough he deserved it. I don't know all the facts and have pretty much kept my peace about alof of things. I also am not 'friends' with anyone on this board and have no sides but i have to agree with Xavi if he was banned from something in a PM (unless it was abusive) it seems a harsh.

By removing the person organising the game it affects the topic ergo...

But you do, you can have anybody banned if they decided to be a troll via pm or on the forum. You report the pm, send it on and they can either be banned from the forum, or as in numerous cases be banned from the site all together.

And just FYI the ban was a decision that was taken under consultation with other mods of the forum, I did not take the action lightly as it was his third ban and meant a perm. Regardless of what people think, we do not like having to ban people, or perm ban them for that matter, it means a whole heap of hassle dealing with inevitable feedback threads (keep your eyes peeled for the latest entry) and pming back and forward explaining bans ad infinitum to the offender, and anybody else that they have pm'd to try and say how unjustified their ban was.

Anyways, that is neither here nor there. This is about the footy game, has anybody agreed to take on the Man U organisation or will anybody ?

Thanks for clearing it up, seems more reasonable now

• Advertisement

He was warned about his behaviour prior to this via pm.

The decision to ban him is no longer up for discussion.

Fair enough. I do have a question around this issue but I'll take it to the appropriate sticky.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,658 ✭✭✭✭Peyton Manning

I was in favour of this (dependent upon the dates) but I dont think so anymore. Thanks T4TF - party pooper ;)

Archimedes wrote: »
    I was in favour of this (dependent upon the dates) but I dont think so anymore. Thanks T4TF - party pooper ;)

How can you blame T4TF,all he was doing was upholding the rules as set out in the charter.

Dub13 wrote: »
    How can you blame T4TF,all he was doing was upholding the rules as set out in the charter.

I was joking mate.

Archimedes wrote: »
    I was joking mate.

Sorry but sometimes its hard to tell on the soccer forum if someone is joking.

Dub13 wrote: »
    Sorry but sometimes its hard to tell on the soccer forum if someone is joking.

Lets take this to the off-topic thread so :D

Seriously though, who is now in charge of the United team, if this is still going ahead?

That is the question that we are trying to get an answer to young Archi...

• Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 12,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭cournioni

I'll not be playing.

• Advertisement

ffs is everyone bailing due to this banning, ghey.....

i still think this is a good idea, even if it comes down to a 5 a side, i'd be happy to get involved with organising (well not the united side!).

Advertisement