Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Car Wash

Options
  • 20-03-2008 1:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 414 ✭✭

Can anyone recomend a good car wash in Dublin 15 - I'm actually in Carpenterstown so the closer to there the better. I know there are ones at Roselawn shopping centre and the Centre... anyone opinions on these ones?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

Would you not just go to the one in the Statoil in Castleknock?? Or do you want a proper jet wash??

• Registered Users Posts: 414 ✭✭what2do

Well I wasn't sure if there was one at Statoil (I'm not particularly observant).... and as you can tell my car doesn't get washed too often!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 114 ✭✭UsedtobePC

The one in Roselawn is pretty good at €7 a pop. the one in the Shopping centre is slow as hell cause they only have one set of water guns (or whatever you call those things that throw pressurised water)
    The petrol station on the Clonsilla Road has a self service one also.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,305 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

There's also both an automatic wash and a self service jet wash in the Statoil on Hartstown Road.

• Registered Users Posts: 674 ✭✭✭gollyitsolly

I find the lads at Roselawn do a good job. The one at Hartstown dented the spoiler on my last car.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,694 ✭✭✭ciaran76

Some lads do a carwash in Mulhuddart village for €5.

They do a good job too. Can't miss it as its at the T junction in the village.

• Registered Users Posts: 414 ✭✭what2do

Thanks for all the suggestions - I tried out the one at Roselawn at the weekend and was delighted with the results!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,373 ✭✭✭Dr Galen

what about car valets? got a wedding later in the week and wouldn't mind getting the car proper cleaned

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,056 ✭✭✭✭BostonB

Would you not just go to the one in the Statoil in Castleknock?? Or do you want a proper jet wash??

From memory thats never had a car wash.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,381 ✭✭✭oblivious

BostonB wrote: »
    From memory thats never had a car wash.

they maybe confusing it with the one's on the navan road?

• Advertisement

Maybe. I've heard good things about the Roselawn one aswell. Not used it myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,918 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭highlandseoghan

if your lookin for valeting or good car wash try the lads in tesco car park in Ballybrack or Bray they do great job whole car got valeted for only €30 fab job

if your lookin for valeting or good car wash try the lads in tesco car park in Ballybrack or Bray they do great job whole car got valeted for only €30 fab job

Hardly D15 is it?

well sorry!!! Maybe not D15 but there is other people on this site and not everyone is from D15.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,381 ✭✭✭oblivious

well sorry!!! Maybe not D15 but there is other people on this site and not everyone is from D15.

understood, but this thread is part of the Dublin west/15 forum/thread

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,305 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Had you been paying attention highlandseoghan you would have noticed that this is the Dublin 15 forum. :)

But thanks anyway for taking the time to post a good deal, some of the folks over in the Dublin County South forum may be interested.

cool sorry i never realised this was for the west.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,104 ✭✭✭Swampy

Anyone know of any good car washes that use sponges around D15?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,567 ✭✭✭TheChrisD

Not sure whether they're operating in this weather or not, but you could try the car wash in the Roselawn SC car park, by the side entrance to Francis Xavier.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,297 ✭✭✭joolsveer

The Roselawn car wash service seems to have disappeared!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,567 ✭✭✭TheChrisD

Really? Hmmm. Can't say I'm not too surprised to be honest...

Why?

I wash my own car, but I know a couple of people who used it without complaint. Mind you the weather was so bad I'm sure business trade would have been almost zero. Maybe they just couldn't afford to hang around waiting for it to pick up. I'm surprised they were allowed to operate theres, theres no special drains etc, which I thought would be needed.

Is there a hose pipe ban at the moment with the water shortages. I was going to wash the car, but thought better of it. I thought some of the car wash places in town looked like they were still open for business on Sat.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,201 ✭✭✭ongarboy

Wasn't there a car wash service in Blanchardstown shopping centre (the carpark in front of 53 degrees North/TK Maxx)? Is that still in existence? Also I thought there was one up from the new Ongar Road where it intersects with the road to Clonsilla village (coming from Blakestown/Hartstown) . My car is filthy after the 2 weeks of snow that sat on it so need to would like to get it cleaned before xmas :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1 justasking3

Hi, anyone is familiar with a business name or owner details of a car wash in Mulhuddart, Church Rd. (next to cementary)?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,840 ✭✭✭Arciphel

Theres a place in there on the right as you are coming up the hill, just before you go around the left hand bend to the cemetery, but I am not sure what the same is. I think there is a garage and autobody place in there too?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

It's a car wash/tyre place and there's also a garage/auto body repair place their, both owned by different people.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,131 ✭✭✭holly_johnson

There's a great place that does a hand wash for €6 - I think it's called ElevenOne. It's beside Hair Today in the Centrepoint shops on Woodview Grove off Roselawn Road. A bit hard to find as it's down a passage at the back of the hairdressers, but I use them all the time and find them great.

Advertisement