Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Queen - Rock the Cosmos album and tour

• 20-03-2008 1:50pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭

Queen with Paul Rogers will release an album of new songs in September followed by a European tour.

No Irish dates (yet).

Friday, October 10 - Nottingham, UK (Arena)
    Saturday, October 11 - Glasgow, UK (SECC)
    Monday, October 13 - London (O2 Arena)
    Tuesday, October 14 - Cardiff (Arena)
    Thursday, October 16 - Birmingham (NIA)
    Saturday, October 18 - Liverpool (Arena)

Folly or fun?

Mike.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,528 ✭✭✭OK-Cancel-Apply

I can't effin' wait! One of my fav bands since childhood, and I've never seen them live before. Sure, Paul Rodgers is no Freddie, but Brian wrote some of the best Queen songs, and his performance makes up a huge chunk of the Queen sound. He's one of my all time fav guitarists too, and it was he who pretty much inspired me to first pick up a guitar.

So yeah, I'll definitely be going!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,148 ✭✭✭damonjewel

This could be fun or folly but I think it would be an interesting night. It'd be interesting how the more bluesy\ballsy Paul Rodgers deals with the campiness in the songs. The thing is the tickets would probably cost £70 and thats a lot of sheckles for a night that you dont know how it will turn out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,177 ✭✭✭nyarlothothep

probably both, folly=fun!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,425 ✭✭✭FearDark

Im defo going, met Brian May a few years ago in London, practically begged him to go back on tour (allbeit with George Michael lol) was a while back!! So you have me to thank!!!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭Delorian

What about the album, anyone have any news on that? Maybe someone could post a link to details???

I saw them last time they were here with Paul Rogers and it was class. They played All Right Now and their other very well known track. Think they did one or two more of the less well known ones. That was after Brian May did a few tracks and killer solo and Roger Taylor did likewise. Great 2+ hour show, even without Freddie.

• Advertisement

FearDark wrote: »
    Im defo going, met Brian May a few years ago in London, practically begged him to go back on tour (allbeit with George Michael lol) was a while back!! So you have me to thank!!!! :D

Please tell us more about that! What's he like in person?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,425 ✭✭✭FearDark

Please tell us more about that! What's he like in person?

I was living over there in about 2000 for a year and i met him while shopping, well actually i followed him into a shop lol and asked him for his autograph and while he was doing that i told him queen were my favourite band and i had all their albums blah de blah, only talking for a few secs but he seemed genuine enough.

And the reson I spotted him, the hair and waistcoat!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 62 ✭✭Bmark

It just wouldn't be the same without freddie - might aswell be down the ub at a karaoke !!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,044 ✭✭✭gcgirl

Roger Taylor also wrote quite a few really good songs ! Should be good when it comes out!!

FearDark wrote: »
    I was living over there in about 2000 for a year and i met him while shopping, well actually i followed him into a shop lol and asked him for his autograph and while he was doing that i told him queen were my favourite band and i had all their albums blah de blah, only talking for a few secs but he seemed genuine enough.

And the reson I spotted him, the hair and waistcoat!

Haha brilliant! Big hair and waistcoats FTW!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

Bmark wrote: »
    It just wouldn't be the same without freddie - might aswell be down the ub at a karaoke !!!!

thats what i thaught before the gig in the point, but after it (2 and a half hour show) i rememebred why these guys were the biggest band in the world, and it wasnt just because of freddie! it was posibly one of the best gigs i have ever had the fortune of seeing (and ive seen ALOT of gigs, i used to work at them aswell as go) and i will defo go if and when they come back.

people are saying that you cant replace freddie and whilst this is 100% true, they are NOT trying to do that at all, its not like they got some freddie impersonator, or some studio musician, paul rogers has one of the best voices in the world, he was frontman to 2 of the biggest bands goin, free and bad company, and well as a very succesful solo artist.

i am reallly looking forward to this album, and i will be there at the next gig with my q+pr (haha QPR...sorry) t-shirt on, singin at the top of my lungs!

• Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭Delorian

thats what i thaught before the gig in the point, but after it (2 and a half hour show) i rememebred why these guys were the biggest band in the world, and it wasnt just because of freddie! it was posibly one of the best gigs i have ever had the fortune of seeing (and ive seen ALOT of gigs, i used to work at them aswell as go) and i will defo go if and when they come back.

people are saying that you cant replace freddie and whilst this is 100% true, they are NOT trying to do that at all, its not like they got some freddie impersonator, or some studio musician, paul rogers has one of the best voices in the world, he was frontman to 2 of the biggest bands goin, free and bad company, and well as a very succesful solo artist.

i am reallly looking forward to this album, and i will be there at the next gig with my q+pr (haha QPR...sorry) t-shirt on, singin at the top of my lungs!

Here here! I'm with ya brother.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,321 ✭✭✭sham69

Sorry to say this but they are not playing Ireland this time.
    The last time they played (with Rodgers) ia decided not to go, a friend of mine is related to Brian May and he ended up meeting him back stage etc, I was gutted when I heard, got an autographed ticket though.
    Probably would have went this time but I know for a fact they are not playing north or south Ireland. As for the Album don't think I will bother, the journey ended for me when Freddie died. In saying that I saw Brian live years ago with cozy powell and neil murray (I think thats his name) on Bass and it was a great gig, Ressurection was class.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,150 ✭✭✭dazberry

Bad news boyz, no gig in Dublin or Belfast this time around. From BrianMay.com
    **Sun 23 Mar 08**
    MORE APOLOGIES!

[The list below is simply countries (and UK towns) from where people have written to Brian about no dates announced in those places in current 2008 list of concerts, and asking QPR to tour there.]

OK - I may as well get it over with now .... I sincerely apologise to:

Argentina
    Australia
    The Baltics
    Belfast
    Canada
    Chile
    Cornwall
    Croatia
    Denmark
    Doncaster
    Dublin
    Finland
    Greece
    Indonesia
    Ipswich
    Japan
    Manchester
    Newcastle
    New Zealand
    North America - various States
    Norway
    Portugal
    Romania
    Sardinia
    Sheffield
    Singapore
    Sweden
    Turkey
    Ukraine

and the Staines Massif ....

and anyone else who feels neglected ... for not Queen + PR NOT announcing a tour date near enough to your arm-chairs. You know ... I didn't realise we would be upsetting so many people ... maybe it's best if we forget the whole thing .... ! ;-)

Soon !!

love
    Bri

D.

Edit: Sham69 got there before me. Looks like Dublin is either a country or a UK town - ducks for cover!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

ah ffs, that is rediculous, its not like they have ever gotten a bad reception in ireland, they have even said on the record that ireland has one of the best crowds in the world (dont ask me to prove that i read it ages ago) im horrible disapointed!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,382 ✭✭✭Motley Crue

Good to see them back. Ill go to Glasgow to see them.

Advertisement