Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Massive New Development for Wexford Town

Options
  • 20-03-2008 1:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 19,413 ✭✭✭✭

Anybody else see the plans in the Indo property section there..Trinity Plaza or something..plans looked very impressive on paper.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭Zhane

Trinity Wharf. Its not new news. Its been going on for about 2-3 years now. I am glad it has going ahead. Even though it will be right on my doorstep, I welcome the new development.

Anyone got any detailed info?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭europerson

Anyone got any detailed info?
    Thread on Archiseek.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 111 ✭✭Black Lead

Has this develoment been shelved for good ? or What is the story with it ? I know they had trouble getting permission for some things or has the recession ended it for good.

I hope it nevers gets built the old Star site would make a nice park if the council did it up. Great place to go fishing aswell.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭Dinkie

I thought it had been shelved for good!

I'm glad if its going ahead though. There are a lot of dormant shops down there at the moment - and if development did go ahead, it might mean more people going down that end of town.

• Advertisement

Pretty nasty buildings though aren't they?

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭bazzer06

i presume this is completely off the radar at this stage anyway but i think its way too big anyway - the main street would lose so many tenants and would die a slow death i think - they should concentrate on infill developments from the quays to the john street/school street axis rather than a huge "new town centre". better use could be made of the area with a park and maybe some low density housing/commercial development. the whole "build it and they will come" rationale is very flawed IMO

Advertisement