Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Honda Civic exhaust ?

Options
  • 20-03-2008 1:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 545 ✭✭✭

I did a quick search and could'nt find an answer so apologies if this has been asked before .

The new shaped civic - I've been behind a few in the last few weeks and have seen two varients of the triangular exhaust - one open like what you would expect an exhaust to look like and the other where there appears to be plastic ? inserts where the exhaust should be ??

Are the triangular exhausts only used in high spec models - yet all model have the same rear trim ? - Do smaller sized engines have have the conventional style ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,650 ✭✭✭cooperguy

The sport model gets the triangle exhaust the normal model has the triangles blocked up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,091 ✭✭✭Biro

shanel23 wrote: »
    I did a quick search and could'nt find an answer so apologies if this has been asked before .

The new shaped civic - I've been behind a few in the last few weeks and have seen two varients of the triangular exhaust - one open like what you would expect an exhaust to look like and the other where there appears to be plastic ? inserts where the exhaust should be ??

Are the triangular exhausts only used in high spec models - yet all model have the same rear trim ? - Do smaller sized engines have have the conventional style ?

The 1.4 in the civic has the triangles blocked up and the exhaust is kind of hidden underneath the back bumper. The 1.8 has the twin exhausts where the triangles are. I assume that the diesel (not available in Ireland) has too. I haven't seen a Type R in the metal yet, but I would guess that they have too.

• Registered Users Posts: 545 ✭✭✭shanel23

Biro wrote: »
    The 1.4 in the civic has the triangles blocked up and the exhaust is kind of hidden underneath the back bumper. The 1.8 has the twin exhausts where the triangles are. I assume that the diesel (not available in Ireland) has too. I haven't seen a Type R in the metal yet, but I would guess that they have too.

I think it looks lousy where they are blocked up - it's a bit like the centre console of some mercs where the blank switches are there and you haven't splashed out and got that option in it - but at least thats inside the car !

• Registered Users Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭jayok

Biro wrote: »

Yep, you're right. Only the 1.4 has the plastic covers. The 1.8, 2.0 and 2.2 (diesel) all have the twin exhausts.

As for seeing Type-R's in the flesh theres about 5 around here!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭jayok

shanel23 wrote: »
    I think it looks lousy where they are blocked up - it's a bit like the centre console of some mercs where the blank switches are there and you haven't splashed out and got that option in it - but at least thats inside the car !

Buy the 1.8+ so! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 545 ✭✭✭shanel23

jayok wrote: »
    Buy the 1.8+ so! :D

If I was in the market for one I sure would ;)

Advertisement